Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
20. May 2024 at 15:18
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Please leave a post so we know you are you!! (Read 74050 times)
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Please leave a post so we know you are you!!
06. Nov 2007 at 21:14

This Bulletin Board is getting hit very hard with spam, other unsavory posts and members who have less than honorable intentions.  

I have been diligent about editing those things promptly, but sometimes the e-mail address is not-so-suspicious looking, so I don't delete it soon enough.  

To help me out in this, when you sign up for a membership, please leave a post somewhere on this bulletin board or e-mail directly to me indicating when you graduated and a few choice items regarding your favorite math teacher, your favorite red headed Spanish teacher, the first name of "The Hunk", your favorite memory of JT's shop class (clamping the leads from the hand crank generator to Jon Russ's neck while he was sleeping in class and JT was in the dark room was fairly memorable!), what was the original color of the brick on the outside of the gym walls (and why it is no longer that color), the name of the bus driver/custodian who drove us to every game we ever went to, who stole the jerseys, was there really an alligator in the O-club pool, or Peggy Mc*****'s current address.   Grin  Grin  

If you do not know any of those things please feel free to adlib and let me know you really belong here!

If you get deleted and you really belong, re-register and/or e-mail me and I will get things right.

Sorry for the hassle, just want to keep this bulletin board around!!

Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Re: Please leave a post so we know you are you!!
Reply #1 - 06. Nov 2007 at 23:16

Thanks Mike.

Email   IP Logged
Austin R. Bryan
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 21. Nov 2007 at 19:13

Thanks Mike. I have noticed the unending seige of spam. Cheers...Austin Cool

IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #3 - 21. Nov 2007 at 19:33

It has been tough, but very well worth it.  Just need to get the word out so more people use it, and authorize a few more moderators so I (and Johnny B.) don't have to monitor things so closely.  

Any chance of you getting back to the States so we can see you sometime?  Rodney lives in Los Angeles and I bet I could talk John Allen, Johnny B and Jim Schrank into showing up.  With tthat amount of hunk factor I bet the ladies would flock to the meeting!   Grin Grin Grin  Wink

Sounds like a mini-reunion.

Mike

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Rodney Matte

Reply #4 - 23. Nov 2007 at 09:05

Rodney Matte, class of 1972, Key Club,  
Memories:
Working at the Officer Club, Canyon Lake and Padre Island, Mr Posey's One act play, Mr Rice's Trig class, Mrs. Dargenio's Chemistry class, 66 Mustang.

Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #5 - 23. Nov 2007 at 10:18

Hey Rodney,

Welcomne to the RoHawk bulletin board.  Wow!  That is a blast from the past, Mrs Dargenio!

Cool,  
MB

« Last Edit: 30. Dec 2007 at 09:48 by Bear »  

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #6 - 26. Nov 2007 at 10:57

Let's see, where to start.  There has probably never been another Nunzio at Randolph (hold the one liners!), but then again not many folks knew him.

So let's try the second day of school in 1966, when an unknown junior high newcomer was late for shop, flew around the corner between the lockers and cafeteria on the way to shop and laid out (something few Ro-Hawk opponents ever did) Mr. RHS, then known as the renown Bucky Jack Allshouse.  Rumor has it that Mr. Allshouse never did see that fleet young man (actually the proof he did not is that I, err he lived to tell the story).

Many of you late 70's probably were taught by Mr. Rice.  He was an outstanding teacher once he got past that first school year.  His first year was 1969-70.  Ross Wallace and some other character had him for American History.  Being relegated to front row seats on either side of Mr. Rice's desk, they developed the first super ball off the blackboard game.  Mr. Rice told me a few years later that he chose to ignore us idiots, but I still maintain he never even knew it.

Hey Coach Scott!  Did I ever thank you for running my butt into the ground with liners?  Or, for insisting I run bleachers during football season.  I don't think I ever did thank you.  Just for the record, Thank You Coach.  You were the best!  Johnny and Mike,  I did not know you in high school.  I definately did enjoy working with you (you did all the work while I lounged) on the 2001 reunion.  Thanks for the effort on the new message board.

Hopefully, we can keep this one free from the spammers and other idiots.

Nunz

Nunzio "Pensatore" Previtera
  IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #7 - 26. Nov 2007 at 16:32

Nunzio,
  Good to see you back around.  Thanks for the post.
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Payday3199
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 29. Nov 2007 at 07:50

This is Patrick Day, class of '86.  I left a post in the '80s section also.  Let's see, Coach Mickler, Turnbow, Cannon, English and Scott were the football coaches during my days there.  We went 13-1 my junior year losing to East Bernard in the State Quarter finals played at UT.  We went 12-1 my senior year losing to Shiner in the Regionals played on a field in Seguin.  I hope this board takes off and we get alot of people posting to it.  Great Idea.....Smiley

IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #9 - 29. Nov 2007 at 12:46

Thanks Patrick,

I have been frazzled removing bogus posts so it is good to see a real RoHawk signing up.  It might end up that this board has some really great memeories on it!   Smiley Smiley Smiley

Enjoy and spread the word.

Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Debbie Price
Basic Trainee

Reply #10 - 13. Dec 2007 at 13:42

This is Debbie Price.  Just want you to be sure it is me.  Class of 1976!!! The song at our 1975 prom was "Time in a Bottle"and Johnny Bender was a great dancer.    Quote from Bear on 06. Nov 2007 at 21:14:
This Bulletin Board is getting hit very hard with spam, other unsavory posts and members who have less than honorable intentions.  

I have been diligent about editing those things promptly, but sometimes the e-mail address is not-so-suspicious looking, so I don't delete it soon enough.  

To help me out in this, when you sign up for a membership, please leave a post somewhere on this bulletin board or e-mail directly to me indicating when you graduated and a few choice items regarding your favorite math teacher, your favorite red headed Spanish teacher, the first name of "The Hunk", your favorite memory of JT's shop class (clamping the leads from the hand crank generator to Jon Russ's neck while he was sleeping in class and JT was in the dark room was fairly memorable!), what was the original color of the brick on the outside of the gym walls (and why it is no longer that color), the name of the bus driver/custodian who drove us to every game we ever went to, who stole the jerseys, was there really an alligator in the O-club pool, or Peggy Mc*****'s current address.   Grin  Grin

If you do not know any of those things please feel free to adlib and let me know you really belong here!

If you get deleted and you really belong, re-register and/or e-mail me and I will get things right.

Bear

Email   IP Logged
Pam Volker

Reply #11 - 16. Dec 2007 at 00:14

It's Pam Volker from the class of '76.  My memory is so poor these days, my four years at Randolph are a blur.  But I do remember home room with Rodney Poole and Jim Shrank, spanish class with Johnny Bender and Chris Cochran taught by Mrs. McCorkindale, great football games and a fabulous marching band.  This bulletin board brings back a lot of memories.  Thanks guys!

Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #12 - 16. Dec 2007 at 09:45

Welcome Pam!!!  Thanks for the post.  Hope you enjoy the bulletin board.

Mike

« Last Edit: 30. Dec 2007 at 09:50 by Bear »  

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
lezail
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 16. Dec 2007 at 20:34

This is ChuckD (Dawson) from the class of 86.  Following on Pat Day's idents; Shiner 'trapped' us the whole game and scored the 'difference maker' on a play we all thought we'd stopped.  And just to ring Coach Scott's bell, my favorite defense was 52 (1-3-1) half court trap.

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #14 - 17. Dec 2007 at 10:02

Quote from Pamela Volker on 16. Dec 2007 at 00:14:
It's Pam Volker from the class of '76.  My memory is so poor these days, my four years at Randolph are a blur.  But I do remember home room with Rodney Poole and Jim Shrank, spanish class with Johnny Bender and Chris Cochran taught by Mrs. McCorkindale, great football games and a fabulous marching band.  This bulletin board brings back a lot of memories.  Thanks guys!

Good to see you here Pam.  I still see Mrs. McCorkindale at times.  Hope all is well with you.
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Reply #15 - 30. Dec 2007 at 10:48

Hi Pam!

Welcome to the bulletin board.
The joys of 'homeroom' during high school Smiley

What are you up to these days?

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #16 - 31. Dec 2007 at 10:43

Quote from Debbie Price on 13. Dec 2007 at 13:42:
This is Debbie Price.  Just want you to be sure it is me.  Class of 1976!!! The song at our 1975 prom was "Time in a Bottle"and Johnny Bender was a great dancer.  

[/quote]

Thanks Debbie,
I wish I would of shown you a little more than my dance moves.  Not that those move would of been any better. LOL
Welcome!

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Welcome to new RoHawk
Reply #17 - 18. Jan 2008 at 21:44

A big welcome to the bulletin board to Steve Swinney.  QB for the 1970 RoHawk football team and all around nice guy!!   Smiley

Though Steve didn't post to verify his membership, he did check in personally with me to let me know he would be signing up.  

We are getting so hammered by spam and vulgar posts it is really helpful for all legitimate RoHawks to post here.  If I don't recognize you and accidentally delete you, just e-mail me and I will make it right.

thanks
Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Ron Smith
Basic Trainee

Reply #18 - 19. Jan 2008 at 00:21

Hey -  

Ron Smith - Class of 1978
Fond memories of academic advancements with Cameron McDermott, Ray Reese and Johnny B in Physic Class.  Still in the Food Business, selling caviar to Chefs, doing a radio show about the culinary world and writing articles for print and web sites about food, restaurants, Chefs and cookbooks.  Let me know if anyone wants to meet up at Retama Park in the spring.

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #19 - 21. Jan 2008 at 17:52

Hey Ron, Steve and any others.  Welcome and hope to see some posts.
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
rad druen
Basic Trainee

Reply #20 - 24. Jan 2008 at 18:50

Hey Mike, Johnny Bender gave me a call last week when he and Rodney Poole were in Las Vegas Last week. When we got together they told me about this site. Hope this is considered a post so I'm registered. Take care, Rad Druen '75

Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #21 - 24. Jan 2008 at 20:40

Quote from rad druen on 24. Jan 2008 at 18:50:
Hey Mike, Johnny Bender gave me a call last week when he and Rodney Poole were in Las Vegas Last week. When we got together they told me about this site. Hope this is considered a post so I'm registered. Take care, Rad Druen '75

You be posted!!  Glad to hear from you!  Enjoy!

Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
rad druen
Basic Trainee

Reply #22 - 28. Jan 2008 at 07:36

Hey fellow Rohawks glad to find this site!! Hope this works as a post...Rad Druen

Email   IP Logged
Austin R. Bryan
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 29. Jan 2008 at 22:49

Hey dude,

Very Long time....How the hell are u? Hope this finds you well and in good spirits...best... WinkAustin

IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #24 - 29. Jan 2008 at 23:26

As I recall, you two along with John Allen were on the golf team.  Is that right?

Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
BarbaraA
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 07. Feb 2008 at 09:53

Mike, I just found this site - thanks for giving us a place to check in and keep up!  Class of '74, we were the largest graduating class up to that date (I believe there were 98 of us).  I was in band and can remember when the new track was put in and we had to cross it on boards because Coach Mickler didn't want us to damage it with our shoes!  I remember the playoffs that year when we went south and the other team with the gigantic kid that they had to sew three jerseys together just to make one for him - and his only job was to fall on you guys and take out as many Rohawks as possible!  I remember playing Friendswood in the semi-finals and they were the size of a AAAAA school - I think there were at least a hundred guys on their sidelines.  You guys did us proud, thanks for a great ride!  Teachers that left an impression:  Mr. Pyka, Mr. Bridges, Coach Scott (stirring frog brains before we dissected them and drivers ed - perhaps he has wiped me out of his memory!), Coach Mickler, Coach English, Coach Johnson (I learned a lot about football during health class), Mrs. Whatley, Ms. Scoggin (who gave me a ride to school every day my senior year), Sra. McCorkindale (I have a cairn terrier named Corki) - I could go on.  

I still live in Abilene, Tx where my husband retired from the Air Force and all of our children are within reach.  I have an 18 month old granddaughter and another granddaughter on the way - they are the joy of our lives.  We raised 3 kids to be responsible adults - our son is a college English teacher married to a high school/middle school band director, our middle child is a mom whose husband's job is the web guy/everything media at their church, and the youngest is a high school/middle school band director, the only one not still in Abilene, lives in San Saba, Tx.  

Again, thanks to Mike and Johnny for their work is keeping us all connected!

Barbara (Jolly) Andrews

IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #26 - 07. Feb 2008 at 10:38

Welcome Barbara!!

Spread the news of this bulletin board!!

Wow!  What a great bunch of memories.  The team with the really big guy was Van Vleck.  David Scott ran the opening kickoff back for a touch down - goal line to goal line!!  I was sitting next to his brother, Mark, who was my best frined and he was screaming "THAT'S MY BROTHER, THATS MY BROTHER" during the entire kickoff return!  What a great memory.

Glad you are here!
Mike

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Austin R. Bryan
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 11. Feb 2008 at 20:33

So Rad, I'm glad you finally surfaced. Here's my email address: abryan@myhome.com.au - send me a note and let's catch up on 30 years of gossip!
 Wink Austin

IP Logged
rohawkjh

Reply #28 - 16. Mar 2008 at 12:36

jim halliwell----1967-1971------i was in mr porters math class when everyone was talking---he got pissed, threw his math book to the back wall and said
"the fence around this base is not there to keep civilians out,its there to keep you g d military brats in!!!

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #29 - 17. Mar 2008 at 11:14

Welcome Jim, Good story. Grin

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Austin R. Bryan
Ex Member

Reply #30 - 24. Mar 2008 at 19:18

I remember Mr. Porters and that sounds consistent. Welcome aboard! Wink

IP Logged
millerm
Basic Trainee

Reply #31 - 19. Apr 2008 at 10:00

Quote from Bear on 06. Nov 2007 at 21:14:

Bear

Email   IP Logged
Austin R. Bryan
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 20. Apr 2008 at 22:54

Mrs McCorkingdale - she used to get made at me for being disruptuive and speaking to much? Naw. I think Heather H was also in my spanish class.

and was the Hunk Hank Halbach? or somebody else don't tell me - Bender?

On the O-Club Pool - me and a number of people streaked the Club, dropped our drawers and swam the pool when there was a formal function. The APs came round the next day - house to house and offered parents the blue jeans as evidence?

Peggy was everybody's fantasy? a year older than me...she told me once about a ghost in her house? We had one in our too! He stole my blue jeans and slammed doors immediately after lights out.

can't remember the original color of the brick...I remember two a day August workouts? Cool

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #33 - 21. Apr 2008 at 15:25

Quote from Austin R. Bryan on 20. Apr 2008 at 22:54:
Mrs McCorkingdale - she used to get made at me for being disruptuive and speaking to much? Naw. I think Heather H was also in my spanish class.

On the O-Club Pool - me and a number of people streaked the Club, dropped our drawers and swam the pool when there was a formal function. The APs came round the next day - house to house and offered parents the blue jeans as evidence?

Peggy was everybody's fantasy? a year older than me...she told me once about a ghost in her house? We had one in our too! He stole my blue jeans and slammed doors immediately after lights out.

can't remember the original color of the brick...I remember two a day August workouts? Cool

I remember the ghost story at Peggy's.  It seem like it came out of a wall or thru a crack or something like that.  Do you remember any details.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #34 - 21. Apr 2008 at 17:41

Quote from Austin R. Bryan on 20. Apr 2008 at 22:54:

I'm not sure what was better, streaking the O club or streaking the Judson PTA meeting (I think that was right, John Cotelese did that I think). Roll Eyes

And of course we know you are lying Austin, Heather was the daughter of the superintendant!!  She would never act up in school! Wink

"The Hunk" was none than our illustrious principal, Earl Hall.  So named due to his classic, large form with large features.  A classic memory was him making announcments in the morning and his long audible inhale between each significant statement.

The orignial color of the brick on the outside of the gym was a brilliant enamel blue.  It was replaced or covered up with a manilla stucco like everyother building on base.  The word I heard was somebrilliant base commander wanted it to look like everyother building on base.  I don't know that to be absolutely true, but I'm sure (or at least I hope) the guy has an equally drab sex life as he ruined a remarkably gorgeous building.

Ahhhh!  Peggy Mc!!!  We had our fair share of significant beauty at RHS, but she was certainly at the top of the class.  I wish I had a bit more confidence back then, I heard a few of our beauties dated guys from other schools or airmen because no one at RHS would ask them out.  I think we were all too intimidated!!!

Thanks for the memories Shocked
Bear

« Last Edit: 25. Apr 2008 at 21:03 by Bear »  

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
sonja smeby villarreal

Reply #35 - 25. Apr 2008 at 14:44

hey vicki smeby redwine... you emailed me this sight but i don't see your name anywhere what's up  with that Smiley luv your little sis  Smiley

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #36 - 25. Apr 2008 at 17:07

Hello Sonja (Vicki's little sis)  Get on Vicki and tell her to get signed up.  Glad to see you on the boards.
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #37 - 25. Apr 2008 at 21:06

Quote from sonja smeby villarreal on 25. Apr 2008 at 14:44:
hey vicki smeby redwine... you emailed me this sight but i don't see your name anywhere what's up  with that Smiley luv your little sis  Smiley

Welcome Sonja!!  

Pleae spread this website ot the rest of the Smeby clan, and of course any RoHawks you know!

www.rohawk.net/bb

Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Bill Medley

Reply #38 - 06. May 2008 at 11:41

Jersies?: the senior class of '75. Espanol? McCorkendale. Who cares about the original color of bricks. Bricks? We don't need no stinkin' bricks? The real question should be: who bonked the female tennis coach?

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #39 - 06. May 2008 at 16:56

Quote from Bill Medley on 06. May 2008 at 11:41:
Jersies?: the senior class of '75. Espanol? McCorkendale. Who cares about the original color of bricks. Bricks? We don't need no stinkin' bricks? The real question should be: who bonked the female tennis coach?  
 WHO?????

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #40 - 06. May 2008 at 19:36

Quote from Johnny Bender on 06. May 2008 at 16:56:
Quote from Bill Medley on 06. May 2008 at 11:41:
 WHO?????

I guess obviously this hoser named "johnny" was not a real RoHawk if he does not know the answer to the tennis coach question.

MB

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Austin R. Bryan
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 07. May 2008 at 00:24

WinkIf I recall correctly there was a lot of action with the Tennise coach and somebody supossedly got some action with the English/drama teacher. It wasn't me. Austin

IP Logged
Austin R. Bryan
Ex Member

Reply #42 - 07. May 2008 at 00:27

WinkWhere are you...How are you. Send me a note! All the very best...Austin! Wink

IP Logged
John Allen
Airman

Reply #43 - 20. May 2008 at 07:19

Quote from Austin R. Bryan on 07. May 2008 at 00:24:
WinkIf I recall correctly there was a lot of action with the Tennise coach and somebody supossedly got some action with the English/drama teacher. It wasn't me. Austin

The Drama teacher was a guy...so that would be and interesting story....I know NOTHING about the speech teacher (Scoggins?), but I do remember running from Debbi P's house after she tried to take advantage of me...(or maybe that's the other way around...I just can't remember these days)...Hey everyone.  

Rad, great to see you pop up! A long time since SWTSU...

Austin, how did your son do on his university entrance exams?

Email jallen911   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #44 - 20. May 2008 at 19:53

Quote from John Allen on 20. May 2008 at 07:19:

The Drama teacher was a guy...so that would be and interesting story....I know NOTHING about the speech teacher (Scoggins?), but I do remember running from Debbi P's house after she tried to take advantage of me...(or maybe that's the other way around...I just can't remember these days)...Hey everyone.

Wow!  Really rough visual on that!!  Mr. Posey was the drama teacher.

I'm quite certain Austin is refering to Miss Scoggins, I believe she helped out in the drama area also.

Glad you are on board with the website.  FYI to others, John had trouble registering through AOL.  I have banned many IP addresses based on vulgar spam posted from those addresses.  I'm not an internet guru, but I have been told that some ISPs make it so that everyone who subsubscribes has a common IP address.  If you are experiencing a "banned" message when you try to establish an account here, please let me konw so I can make corrections.

thanks
Mike

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #45 - 22. May 2008 at 09:31

Quote from Bear on 20. May 2008 at 19:53:
Quote from John Allen on 20. May 2008 at 07:19:

Wow!  Really rough visual on that!!  Mr. Posey was the drama teacher.

I'm quite certain Austin is refering to Miss Scoggins, I believe she helped out in the drama area also.

Glad you are on board with the website.  FYI to others, John had trouble registering through AOL.  I have banned many IP addresses based on vulgar spam posted from those addresses.  I'm not an internet guru, but I have been told that some ISPs make it so that everyone who subsubscribes has a common IP address.  If you are experiencing a "banned" message when you try to establish an account here, please let me konw so I can make corrections.

thanks
Mike

Any idea what happened to Ms. Signey Scoggins?  Wasn't her name Signey or something like that?

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Austin R. Bryan
Ex Member

Reply #46 - 26. May 2008 at 17:34

Nice to know everybody remembers Ms. Scoggins. I thought her first name was Sydney. Cool

Austin

IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #47 - 27. May 2008 at 22:17

Absolutely, her name was Signey.  Striking blond, fair skin, quite the Skandinavian.  She really empathized with our "plight" since she was so close to our age.  Great teacher, probably taught us more about life than about any subject matter, althougth she was good at that also.

OK!! Another blast from the past, and another great teacher - Mrs.Fannin.  She taught history in the '72-'73 school year.  That would be the freshman year of those who graduated in 1976.  

Mrs. Fannin was great.  I learned how to hedge my bets against tickets when I go toooo fast on the highway.  She and her husband ( I beleive his name was Casey) participated in road rallies in their sports car.  She let us know about using a "flusher".  That was someone going in your direction who was going way too fast.  You let them get about a half mile ahead and then match their speed.  The hteory is they would get caught before you did.  Has worked numerous times for me!!   Grin Grin Grin

Later
Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Austin R. Bryan
Ex Member

Reply #48 - 27. May 2008 at 22:59

All good stuff, but who was the tennis coach (female) who was responsible for great team morale for the Class of 75?

Austin

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #49 - 28. May 2008 at 07:43

I had Mrs. Fannin also.  Nice lady.  I wonder if we can track down the X (not old) teachers.  Coach Scott is there a place that X teachers keep registered or a way to track them down?
Thank you,
John

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #50 - 28. May 2008 at 17:57

Quote from Johnny Bender on 28. May 2008 at 07:43:
I had Mrs. Fannin also.  Nice lady.  I wonder if we can track down the X (not old) teachers.  Coach Scott is there a place that X teachers keep registered or a way to track them down?
Thank you,
John

I visited Mrs. Fannin in '76 up in Austin while on my college visits.  Invited her to our graduation and she attended even though she had only taught our fresheman year.

She became a lawyer in Austin and I contacted her for our 2001 Grand Reunion.  She didn't show.  I also contacted her again for our 2006 reunion.  She had moved to Los Angeles and I think had gotten remarried.

I can give you contact info if you want it.

Later
Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
samserjr

Reply #51 - 11. Jul 2008 at 10:52

Hi everyone , Sam Robinson here   I only went to Randolph for two years 68 to 70. loved it. I am still in contact with my 7th grade friends. I get to go to S.A once a year. I hope I find some more friends right here.

Sam

Email   IP Logged
beverlyerben
Ex Member

Reply #52 - 28. Jul 2008 at 14:10

Beverly Butler Erben '77
I know who was very friendly with the tennis coach!  The guys in the class of 75 ate my french fries at lunch.  Tricia and I dated Steve Masterson (not at the same time...I think!!)  My mom still thinks JB had the best legs she has ever seen....told me before meeting everyone at Chelsea street pub!  My best friends were Janet and Pam and we spent many 4th of July's at Eberle Park!  and I dont know anyone from Randolph that didnt have a slow gin fizz at the Anderson's!  Wink

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #53 - 30. Jul 2008 at 12:17

Bear,
  Did somebody accidently delete Bev?  It says ex memeber and she had just registered.  Can we check please?

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #54 - 30. Jul 2008 at 12:27

Bev,
  If you didn't delete your name please register again.  
SORRY if one of us did it  embarrassed

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
beverly butler erben
Basic Trainee

Reply #55 - 31. Jul 2008 at 09:37

haha..yes, I was deleted, but I did re-register!  Thanks Johnny!!

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #56 - 31. Jul 2008 at 10:09

Quote from beverly butler on 31. Jul 2008 at 09:37:
haha..yes, I was deleted, but I did re-register!  Thanks Johnny!!

Way to go Jim Wink  I don't know who did it, but welcome back Bev and good to see you.
JB

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Reply #57 - 02. Aug 2008 at 18:05

I 'may' have accidentally deleted Bev...

Bender - although I can honestly say I never noticed your legs...

I would assume they were short Wink

Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #58 - 05. Aug 2008 at 20:16

Quote from Jim Schrank 76 on 02. Aug 2008 at 18:05:
I 'may' have accidentally deleted Bev...

Bender - although I can honestly say I never noticed your legs...

I would assume they were short Wink

Come on Jim!!  Bevs Mom was really refering to JB's butt.  JB has always been know for that well rounded butt the girls love.  In fact, he has been accused of having the muscular butt (and geneology) of an athletic  black man.  Just ask him.  

Not suprised a healthy woman old enough to be our our Mom recognized that.  Thank God for healthy women, I'm married to one!!   Wink Wink Wink

Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #59 - 06. Aug 2008 at 09:36

Thank you guys for all the compliments Angry  Maybe it was a different JB?  and I kinda like my legs as well...they still get me around. Wink

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #60 - 06. Aug 2008 at 09:37

Oh, and Bev, if it is me...your mom has great taste!

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
beverly butler erben
Basic Trainee

Reply #61 - 07. Aug 2008 at 20:27

Yes, Johnny, it was you, but at the time, I thought it was kinda gross that my mom was noticing my friends legs!  She was the same age as I am now!!  So weird!!

Email   IP Logged
John Allen
Airman

Reply #62 - 07. Aug 2008 at 22:15

Quote from beverly butler on 07. Aug 2008 at 20:27:
Yes, Johnny, it was you, but at the time, I thought it was kinda gross that my mom was noticing my friends legs!  She was the same age as I am now!!  So weird!!

I think Johnny shaved is legs back then....

Hi Bev!

Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #63 - 08. Aug 2008 at 10:19

And I'm sure you never look at young guys Wink  and John you never showed me the proper way to shave my legs, but hey, if it worked for you???

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #64 - 08. Aug 2008 at 10:26

Are you trying to seduce me Mrs. Robinson?  Sorry I saw the Graduate the night before last.  Still a good movie.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
John Allen
Airman

Reply #65 - 11. Aug 2008 at 10:12

Quote from Johnny Bender on 08. Aug 2008 at 10:19:

And I'm sure you never look at young guys Wink  and John you never showed me the proper way to shave my legs, but hey, if it worked for you???

erhh...I had my reasons....made me a faster golfer....made it easier to take my pants off faster....made it easier to put my pants on faster....

Hope the Summer has been good to everyone...school starts here around the 25th...

tomkjaer

Reply #66 - 27. Sep 2008 at 22:47

Hi All,

Tom Kjaer here. Attended Randolph '72 '73, graduated class of '77. I have been back in San Antonio for the last 7 years but have not been able to make any of the reunions etc.. though have followed the bboards/websites. It is good to see everyones posts. I remember a lot of you.

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #67 - 29. Sep 2008 at 09:35

Hey Tom, nice to see you around.  There are a few people around here so don't be a stranger.
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #68 - 29. Sep 2008 at 09:43

Quote from tomkjaer on 27. Sep 2008 at 22:47:
Hi All,

Tom Kjaer here. Attended Randolph '72 '73, graduated class of '77. I have been back in San Antonio for the last 7 years but have not been able to make any of the reunions etc.. though have followed the bboards/websites. It is good to see everyones posts. I remember a lot of you.

Hey Tom!

Welcome to the RoHawk bulletin board.  Are you intouch with any other RoHawks?  Turn them on to the bulletin board if you are.

Later
Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
marygeorgann
Ex Member

Reply #69 - 29. Sep 2008 at 12:43

Well I know some of the facts you mention there and I am really a RoHawk.   I see many of the same folks on line as were in early bboards.   I remember when Coach Scott came to work at RHS and the girls were all trying to figure out just how young he was! Shocked  
Most of my extracurricular activities involved drama and speech.   My maiden name was Clemmons.
Now I am an old married lady working as a principal at an Middle School in Georgia.

Hi Georgeann,  Nunzio here.  We are planning a mini reunion on August 7 & 8, 2009.  Hope you can make it.

« Last Edit: 16. Mar 2009 at 16:12 by Nunzio »  
  IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #70 - 30. Sep 2008 at 08:42

Quote from marygeorgann on 29. Sep 2008 at 12:43:
Well I know some of the facts you mention there and I am really a RoHawk.   I see many of the same folks on line as were in early bboards.   I remember when Coach Scott came to work at RHS and the girls were all trying to figure out just how young he was! Shocked  
Most of my extracurricular activities involved drama and speech.   My maiden name was Clemmons.
Now I am an old married lady working as a principal at an Middle School in Georgia.

Welcome to the bulletin board!  Coach Scott is now retired and living in Llano on his family ranch. He checks the bulletin board once in a while so he will probably see your post.

Mike

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Angelo Falto
Ex Member

Reply #71 - 15. Oct 2008 at 22:29

Hello Fellow Rohawkers-

I proudly attended Randolph '74-75 and graduated in' 77.  I recognize numerous names on this website which is a sight for sore eyes.  

I recall my JV sophmore basketball career where we finally won are first game against Bandera.  I still have the school paper clipping of me semi-hugging Freddy Bingheim afterwards.  

I currently reside in north Dallas and frequent San Antone when time permits ( I have family there).  I'd be open to any future gathering of sorts and great to reconnect again.  

Regards

Angel

Oh and... GO SPURS!

IP Logged
Carla
Ex Member

Reply #72 - 09. Nov 2008 at 19:59

I know this site is for RoHawkers, and I'm not one - but I was married to one.  This is Carla Posey Druen Miller,  used to be married to Rad.  I came across this by accident and just wanted to say hi to Russ Sicard and John Allen.  John, last time I saw you was with Stanke, then you fell off the face of the earth.  Where's Rick Cook?  Haven't talked to him in years....  Hi to Marlow, Eleffe, Masterson (is he still around?) - who am I forgetting?  Johnny Bender, your name sounds familiar.  I used to come watch some of y'all play softball at Randolph when Rad and I were at SWTSU.  Rad is alive and well and still in Lost Wages.  Saw him last May when Chad got his second degree, Ranch Management from TCU (first one was Animal Science from A&M).  I'll have to tell him about this site.  Hey, thanks for letting me post and hope everyone is well!!

Carla

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #73 - 10. Nov 2008 at 09:08

Hello Carla,
  I actually saw Rad earlier in the year when I was in Vegas.  As far as Russ Sicard, I think he's checked this site.  John Allen is in Houston area and he checks this site, Stanke was in Houston last I heard.  Rick Cook is in Houston as well.  Steve Masterson is still in the Schertz/Cibolo area.  That's all I know for now but maybe somebody can fill you in.  Thanks for stopping by and post notes any time you like.
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
ro-hawk19
Ex Member

Reply #74 - 07. Dec 2008 at 16:57

Hi I'm Richard Stephens, I just wanted all of you to know that the Randolph Team Doc John R Grunwell passed away at 92 years old on the 28 Oct 2008. He was the team doc for about 12 years. I believe he started with Coach Mickler in 1976 and continued until 1988. He has told me many stories about Bruce Cannon and Pete Wesp. Some were pretty scarey, it was amazing how hard the kids were hit and how unprotected they were with their equipment. Thanks goodness it got better. My oldest (stepson) Daniel Thetford graduated from in 1995, followed by Dale Stephens in 2004 and Tim Stephens in 2005 and Tyler Stephens should graduate in 2010. All have played Ro-hawk football.  

IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #75 - 07. Dec 2008 at 17:50

Quote from ro-hawk19 on 07. Dec 2008 at 16:57:
Hi I'm Richard Stephens, I just wanted all of you to know that the Randolph Team Doc John R Grunwell passed away at 92 years old on the 28 Oct 2008. He was the team doc for about 12 years. I believe he started with Coach Mickler in 1976 and continued until 1988. He has told me many stories about Bruce Cannon and Pete Wesp. Some were pretty scarey, it was amazing how hard the kids were hit and how unprotected they were with their equipment. Thanks goodness it got better. My oldest (stepson) Daniel Thetford graduated from in 1995, followed by Dale Stephens in 2004 and Tim Stephens in 2005 and Tyler Stephens should graduate in 2010. All have played Ro-hawk football.

Thanks Richard.  If you can come up with an obituary or some other info about him I will make a board for him on the RoHawk Memorials.

Bear.

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #76 - 08. Dec 2008 at 09:45

Quote from Bear on 07. Dec 2008 at 17:50:
Quote from ro-hawk19 on 07. Dec 2008 at 16:57:

Thanks Richard.  If you can come up with an obituary or some other info about him I will make a board for him on the RoHawk Memorials.

Bear.

We only knew him as Doc.  Thank you for the post and information.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #77 - 02. Mar 2009 at 09:06

Don't delete the user kabrink because I think its Kathy Anderson Brink.  I saw her and Lisa this past Sat. and she was talking about getting onto this site.  I'll let you know if I find out different.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Reply #78 - 02. Mar 2009 at 10:14

Johnny - You are correct, and I won't delete Kathy Brink. Welcome back Kathy!

Email   IP Logged
Rocco L. DeFelice
Basic Trainee

Reply #79 - 09. Mar 2009 at 14:29

This is Rocco L. DeFelice from the Class of '76.  Glad to find this BB.

On a sad note, many of you probably remember Karen Little.  She and I married in '80.  After an almost three year battle with Stage 4 Colon Cancer she passed away last August.

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #80 - 11. Mar 2009 at 08:49

Quote from Rocco L. DeFelice on 09. Mar 2009 at 14:29:

On a sad note, many of you probably remember Karen Little.  She and I married in '80.  After an almost three year battle with Stage 4 Colon Cancer she passed away last August.

Rocco,
  Nice to see you on the boards, and again I'm so sorry for your loss.  Karen is in our prayers.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Reply #81 - 11. Mar 2009 at 11:59

Rocco - I'm glad to see that you found this website, and echo Johnny's sadness at your loss.  Jim

Email   IP Logged
Rocco L. DeFelice
Basic Trainee

Reply #82 - 13. Mar 2009 at 20:34

Quote from Johnny Bender on 11. Mar 2009 at 08:49:
Quote from Rocco L. DeFelice on 09. Mar 2009 at 14:29:

Rocco,
 Nice to see you on the boards, and again I'm so sorry for your loss.  Karen is in our prayers.

Thanks!  After I found the forum I had some technical problems that Bear and I worked through, so now I am an authorized member of the forum.

Email   IP Logged
Rocco L. DeFelice
Basic Trainee

Reply #83 - 13. Mar 2009 at 20:36

Quote from Jim Schrank 76 on 11. Mar 2009 at 11:59:
Rocco - I'm glad to see that you found this website, and echo Johnny's sadness at your loss.  Jim

Jim, I appreciate the kind words.  Glad to be able to reconnect with some old friends.

Email   IP Logged
lajolly
Basic Trainee

Reply #84 - 13. Mar 2009 at 22:35

Hi, Lloyd Jolly here, Class of '71.  Only was a RoHawk for my senior year so not much I can say about the school.  I was on the school newspaper, "Birds Eye View".  Also, as I recall '70-'71 was the first year the girls were allowed to wear pants.

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #85 - 16. Mar 2009 at 09:20

Quote from lajolly on 13. Mar 2009 at 22:35:
Hi, Lloyd Jolly here, Class of '71.  Only was a RoHawk for my senior year so not much I can say about the school.  I was on the school newspaper, "Birds Eye View".  Also, as I recall '70-'71 was the first year the girls were allowed to wear pants.

Welcome Lloyd, that was the beginning of the end....remember how short those skirts were in the 70's? Wink

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #86 - 16. Mar 2009 at 09:59

Hi Lloyd,

Welcome to the board!  Craig Kirklin and I were just talking about you on Friday.  Hope all is well.  The ladies may have been able to wear pants that year, but I do not recollect any shortage (pun) of short skirts our senior year.

IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #87 - 16. Mar 2009 at 16:13

Quote from marygeorgann on 29. Sep 2008 at 12:43:

Hi Georgeann,  Nunzio here.  We are planning a mini reunion on August 7 & 8, 2009.  Hope you can make it.
Hi Georgeann,  Nunzio here.  We are planning a mini reunion on August 7 & 8, 2009.  Hope you can make it

IP Logged
lajolly
Basic Trainee

Reply #88 - 16. Mar 2009 at 20:16

It's been so long since I thought much about RHS, so yesterday I read through my old yearbook.  I don't think I've seen anyone from those times since I left.  I have found one guy in Austin who was a sophmore then, George Mentzer.  I think he left there that year too.  I also sent a link to my sister, Barbara, (Class of '74).  Anyhow, it's good to hear from you guys.

Lloyd

Email   IP Logged
Susan Kennedy

Reply #89 - 28. Mar 2009 at 00:28

My name is Susan Spears (Kennedy).  I graduated from Randolph in 1976.  Mrs. McCorkindale was my Spanish teacher (red hair - just like mine).  I also remember her son, Corky.  Rocco DeFelice told me about this bulletin board.

Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #90 - 28. Mar 2009 at 11:33

Welcome Susan.  Glad Rocco is passing on the site.

Mike

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #91 - 30. Mar 2009 at 08:11

Quote from Susan Kennedy on 28. Mar 2009 at 00:28:
My name is Susan Spears (Kennedy).  I graduated from Randolph in 1976.  Mrs. McCorkindale was my Spanish teacher (red hair - just like mine).  I also remember her son, Corky.  Rocco DeFelice told me about this bulletin board.  

Hey Susan nice too see you on the site.  So you've kept in touch with Rocco all these years?  What part of the country do you live in?  
John

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Rocco L. DeFelice
Basic Trainee

Reply #92 - 02. Apr 2009 at 20:05

Quote from Johnny Bender on 30. Mar 2009 at 08:11:
Quote from Susan Kennedy on 28. Mar 2009 at 00:28:

Hey Susan nice too see you on the site.  So you've kept in touch with Rocco all these years?  What part of the country do you live in?  
John

I just recently reconnected with her when I found her on Facebook. Rocco

Email   IP Logged
TamiXWP
Basic Trainee

Reply #93 - 15. Apr 2009 at 09:17

I tried to post after registration and then my profile was deleted. Whats up. I'm not interested in spamming. I just wanted to find out more about Greg Brodman. What's the deal?

Tami

IP Logged
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Reply #94 - 15. Apr 2009 at 09:36

Good morning, and welcome Tami.

I apologize for inadvertantly deletiing your initial 'TamiWXP' user name this morning as I was deleting the 60-80 spam posts and half dozen spammers that made through the edits since last evening. Welcome to the Randolph bulletin board, and thanks for your posting on Greg.   Jim Schrank (1976)

Email   IP Logged
TamiXWP
Basic Trainee

Reply #95 - 15. Apr 2009 at 11:06

I understand spam as I am moderator of a ponding group. I just got deleted so quickly that it startled me. Thank you for letting me post.

Tami

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #96 - 16. Apr 2009 at 09:48

Quote from TamiXWP on 15. Apr 2009 at 09:17:
I tried to post after registration and then my profile was deleted. Whats up. I'm not interested in spamming. I just wanted to find out more about Greg Brodman. What's the deal?

Tami

Good morning Tami, are you a Randolph X?  What did you want to know about Greg?
Thanks,
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
TamiXWP
Basic Trainee

Reply #97 - 16. Apr 2009 at 10:14

Johney,
   I just wondered how and where he died. He was so young. As I mentioned, he played BB and FB at Rantoul High School (Chanute AFB) his freshman year and many of the guys he played with remember him. He was 364 days older than me and I think he was the only friend who's Birth date I remember. I never went to Randolf but my sister was stationed there several years ago.  

Tami

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #98 - 16. Apr 2009 at 12:27

Tami,
  I also posted below about Greg.  Greg was still in the Airforce and you can see what he's done in his life.   Feel free to stop by our site anytime you want.
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
dprahler

Reply #99 - 14. May 2009 at 10:32

Hi, all.  Dave Prahler, class of '67.  Alive and kicking in Wisconsin.

Email   IP Logged
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Reply #100 - 14. May 2009 at 11:08

Welcome to the Randolph Bulletin Board Dave.  

Do you have any good/ interesting stories about your time at Randolph?

Jim Schrank (76)

Email   IP Logged
Rick Neville
Basic Trainee

Reply #101 - 19. May 2009 at 14:36

Hi, Rick Neville  Class of 1974. I think I registered here once before. Just checking in.

Email WWW   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #102 - 19. May 2009 at 16:12

Quote from Rick Neville on 19. May 2009 at 14:36:
Hi, Rick Neville  Class of 1974. I think I registered here once before. Just checking in.

Hey Rick, Nunzio here.  Welcome back to the board.  Our monitors are doing a super job of keeping the spammers out this time.  Are you still with Black Eyed Pea?

IP Logged
Rick Neville
Basic Trainee

Reply #103 - 20. May 2009 at 09:35

Hey, Nunzio--you must be thinking of my more talented brother. RIck

Email WWW   IP Logged
Debi Adams

Reply #104 - 20. Jun 2009 at 00:53

Hi!  This is Debi Adams, Class of '77.  I was in the Band when Randy was first trumpet, and in the concert season Mike Keating and I played bassoon.  I remember Mr. Rice's Algebra II class (man, was it ever COLD in there), and Mr. Connely (sp?) directing the choir.  Can't believe it has taken me so long to find this site - oh, who was the History teacher that would say, when we were reading the book out loud to the class, "Take it to the limit"?  He was getting married the year we graduated (he was always reading books about how to have a successful relationship).  (Just got divorced and my ex has custody of all of my stuff (which is probably at the dump) or I could look up his name!).  Lol.  Life's great.

Email Debi Adams   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #105 - 20. Jun 2009 at 09:59

Welcome Debi!  Spread the word about the Bulletin Board!

Mike

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #106 - 22. Jun 2009 at 08:24

Hello Debbie, welcome aboard.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Trina Bryant
Airman

Reply #107 - 14. Jul 2009 at 17:48

I was a student at Randolph from 1972-1975.  I do not know Peggy Mc????'s current address (sorry) but she and I graduated the same year and shared the same drama class.  We both had leads in the christmas play "The mouse who didn't believe in christmas."  She was the cat and I was the mouse.  It was fun.  (pic in yearbook)   I went to a class reunion in 1999 (I think that was the year) where my husband and I had lunch with Johnny Bender, Linda Gandy, and John Hutyra (maybe a few others) at a fast food eatery in Universal City.   Johnny  B. had a white Dodge Durango and John H. had a blue Honda,  Linda's husband was a car sellsperson.  I  hope that is enough info to verify who I am.  Oh...I was Trina Nasarro now Bryant and I had a younger Brother, Juanito Nasarro who was a seventh grader.  I hope all is well with everyone.   Trina

Email   IP Logged
wilhoit
Basic Trainee

Reply #108 - 19. Jul 2009 at 21:03

Hi Guys, its your classmate 1976.  Rocco gave me this website.

Email   IP Logged
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Reply #109 - 19. Jul 2009 at 21:23

Welcome Randy!

What have you been up to the last 33 years?

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #110 - 20. Jul 2009 at 09:21

Quote from Trina Bryant on 14. Jul 2009 at 17:48:
I was a student at Randolph from 1972-1975.  I do not know Peggy Mc????'s current address (sorry) but she and I graduated the same year and shared the same drama class.  We both had leads in the christmas play "The mouse who didn't believe in christmas."  She was the cat and I was the mouse.  It was fun.  (pic in yearbook)   I went to a class reunion in 1999 (I think that was the year) where my husband and I had lunch with Johnny Bender, Linda Gandy, and John Hutyra (maybe a few others) at a fast food eatery in Universal City.   Johnny  B. had a white Dodge Durango and John H. had a blue Honda,  Linda's husband was a car sellsperson.  I  hope that is enough info to verify who I am.  Oh...I was Trina Nasarro now Bryant and I had a younger Brother, Juanito Nasarro who was a seventh grader.  I hope all is well with everyone.   Trina

We didn't need that much Trina Wink  Nice to see you.  Hope things are well in Vegas.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #111 - 20. Jul 2009 at 09:22

Quote from wilhoit on 19. Jul 2009 at 21:03:

Hey Randy, Nice to see another 76er.  What part of the country are you in?
John

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Rocco L. DeFelice
Basic Trainee

Reply #112 - 20. Jul 2009 at 18:03

Quote from wilhoit on 19. Jul 2009 at 21:03:

Glad you found the site! Rocco

Email   IP Logged
RLaGrange

Reply #113 - 30. Jul 2009 at 14:06

Hi Mike, Johnny and Nunzio (sorry, don't know you!):  

Okay, its me Robin Masterson so please do not delete me!    Wow, Mike, your questions to verify a legitimate RoHawk are really tough....I must have slept through 5 yrs there because I have not a clue!!!  But I saw both you and Johnny (maybe Nunzio...do we know him???) and so many awesome RoHawks at the reunion in 2001, surely you believe in me!

Just recently heard there was a mini-reunion being planned and somehow I got lucky and found this website.  I'm really not that slow, but I don't see where there is a roster of those who plan to attend the mini next weekend.  Is there one and I'm just missing it?  I know you guys are busy trying to lead your own lives, and work, and now play manager of this site, but if you have a minute, drop me a line and let me know what is going on, who's planning on attending, etc.

Thanks for all the effort and hard work!!  

RoHawk Robin

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #114 - 31. Jul 2009 at 09:12

Rockin' Robin,  Didn't they write a song abount you (Home out on LaGrange......They got a lot of nice girls ah)  I hear you girls may be in town.  We will have to get together.  
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Mary Harriman 76
Basic Trainee

Reply #115 - 31. Jul 2009 at 14:14

Looking forward to getting together next weekend! I will be coming in to see Teri Boutot-Prichard, it won't be complete with out Robin Masterson LaGrange/Rocky Robin with us.... but we will get her down here next time! Johnny, great talking to you...please send all the details and we will be there!
Thanks!
Mary Harriman Navarre '76

Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #116 - 31. Jul 2009 at 15:53

Hi Robin,

Nunzio here,  There is no list of attendees because we have not had much response.  I graduated in 71.  As Johnny likes to remind me, that is ancient.  But hey, I give the '65's the same grief, all in fun.

While we have had little response, we are still going to host it Saturday afternoon-evening.  I am hoping both Mike and Johnny will be there, and possibly Teri Pritchard and Mary Harriman.  Neither of them know me either, so I am looking forward to meeting to new RoHawks.

I put direction up on the web site.  Email me if you don't find them.

Nunzio

IP Logged
Tim Belet
Airman

Reply #117 - 26. Aug 2009 at 10:13

I missed hearing from you all  cry  so I am back!  My son is one year old now (I know, I got a late start) so my arms are freed up more for typing.

Tim Belet '77

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #118 - 26. Aug 2009 at 10:20

Welcome back Tim.  We miss your old site.  Congratulations on the 1 year old,  I know the feeling because I have twin 6 year olds.  
Post as often as you like,
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #119 - 26. Aug 2009 at 16:51

Quote from tbelet on 26. Aug 2009 at 10:13:
I missed hearing from you all  cry  so I am back!  My son is one year old now (I know, I got a late start) so my arms are freed up more for typing.

Tim Belet '77

Hi Tim,

Welcome back, we missed you.

IP Logged
Joe Drank
Basic Trainee

Reply #120 - 26. Aug 2009 at 16:52

Hope this counts towards being a Ro-Hawk 72-76 class of 78  
Joe Drank

Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #121 - 26. Aug 2009 at 17:14

Quote from Joe Drank on 26. Aug 2009 at 16:52:
Hope this counts towards being a Ro-Hawk 72-76 class of 78
Joe Drank

Hi Joe, It does count.  Two minor questions:  Who was the basketball coach when you were there?  and more important, was Johnny Bender as obtuse a character then as he is now?

IP Logged
johnlee
Basic Trainee

Reply #122 - 26. Aug 2009 at 18:13

Bear

John Lieberman here.  Class of '66.  And, NO, I did not originate calling Mr. Porter "Uncle Marv" -- even though he accused me of doing so on many occasions.  Furthermore, I have absolutely no idea who stood Mr. Aguire's VW up on its rear bumper against the flagpole!

Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #123 - 26. Aug 2009 at 18:29

Quote from johnlee on 26. Aug 2009 at 18:13:

Bear

John Lieberman here.  Class of '66.  And, NO, I did not originate calling Mr. Porter "Uncle Marv" -- even though he accused me of doing so on many occasions.  Furthermore, I have absolutely no idea who stood Mr. Aguire's VW up on its rear bumper against the flagpole!

Hi John,

Welcome to the board!

I was a little punk 8th grader in 66, so I am sure you do not remember me.  I really would like to hear a little more about Mr. Aquire's VW, not to verify anything, but just because.  Feel free to change any names to protect the guilty. lol.

IP Logged
johnlee
Basic Trainee

Reply #124 - 26. Aug 2009 at 19:40

[quote author=Nunzio link=1194405281/120#123 date=1251329391][quote author=johnlee link=1194405281/120#122 date=1251328424]Quote from Bear on 06. Nov 2007 at 21:14:

Hi John,

Welcome to the board!

I was a little punk 8th grader in 66, so I am sure you do not remember me.  I really would like to hear a little more about Mr. Aquire's VW, not to verify anything, but just because.  Feel free to change any names to protect the guilty. lol.

I couldn't give you names -- even if I wanted to!  That was 40+ years ago.  I just remember that a bunch of us went out late one afternoon, picked up his little black VW Beetle from the teachers' parking area, and hauled it out to the flagpole.   I know that we TRIED to stand it up against the flagpole but I'm not 100% sure that we actually succeeded.  I THINK that we did, but I've slept since then.

I could also tell you about the Saturday or Sunday afternoon when some of us picked up a fellow student's '66 or '67 Mini -- to lift it over the curb -- and then watched while he laid down a couple of skinny little patches of rubber on the big sidewalk leading to the main campus entrance!!

My little sister, JoAnn, was five years behind me -- so you might have encountered her.  However, she was pretty nondescript -- she was just there and not really involved in anything at that time!  My Dad retired in '66, so she actually went to High School at MacArthur after her Junior High years at RHS.

John

Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #125 - 26. Aug 2009 at 20:17

HEY TIM!!

Welcome!!

In case no one ever said thank you, THANKYOU for doing the BB for so long.  I now know what it is like to have to battle the world of SPAMMERS!!!!

Thanks for what you did, welcome aboard!!

Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Tim Belet
Airman

Reply #126 - 26. Aug 2009 at 20:59

Thanks!  I wish I had not gotten so overwhelmed with the spammers and other things going on back then that I couldn't keep the board going.   You gentlemen are doing a good job keeping this one going.  I will need a little help with the pseudonames  Wink

Email   IP Logged
RooooooHAWKS

Reply #127 - 01. Oct 2009 at 01:48

Hi everyone,

My name is Rick Roberson. I attended Randolph for seventh, eighth, and nineth grade. I was a freshman during the 1981-82 school year. I'm certain no one will remember me, since I stayed to myself and was not very involved.

My fondest memories of Randolph are of Friday night football games. I can still hear the drum rolls as the band marched from the gym, down the hill to the field. We had some great teams the few years I was there.

I always wondered what happened to our freshmen star running back Anthony Nealy (SP?). I really thought he was good enough to play college ball. If I recall correctly, his father/mother received orders out, and there was talk that he may get to stay with a coach to finish football at Randolph.

Does anyone know if Anthony played football in college?

Thanks,

Rick

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #128 - 01. Oct 2009 at 12:30

Quote from RooooooHAWKS on 01. Oct 2009 at 01:48:
Hi everyone,

My name is Rick Roberson. I attended Randolph for seventh, eighth, and nineth grade. I was a freshman during the 1981-82 school year. I'm certain no one will remember me, since I stayed to myself and was not very involved.

My fondest memories of Randolph are of Friday night football games. I can still hear the drum rolls as the band marched from the gym, down the hill to the field. We had some great teams the few years I was there.

I always wondered what happened to our freshmen star running back Anthony Nealy (SP?). I really thought he was good enough to play college ball. If I recall correctly, his father/mother received orders out, and there was talk that he may get to stay with a coach to finish football at Randolph.

Does anyone know if Anthony played football in college?

Thanks,

Rick

Rick,
 You were here long enouph, you are welcome to the boards and reunion if your interested.
John

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Trina Bryant
Airman

Reply #129 - 02. Oct 2009 at 14:16

Got email to leave a post to say I am who I am in order to receive messages.  Well, the last time I looked in the mirror,  I was me, several years older to my disappointment, but, "I Yam who I say I Yam." VERIFICATION:  Hummm, let me think, "The American Peddlers"  was the band who played at the 1975 Jr-Sr Prom. I was on the committee that hired them.  We could have hired "ZZ Top" but it would have cost $5000.   Those were the days.

Email   IP Logged
Lee Ann
Basic Trainee

Reply #130 - 04. Oct 2009 at 14:48

Looks like I didn't need to start a new thread!
I could have just responded to this one...

Lee Ann (Henderson) Howlett - attended 7th-9th grades
(1968-1971).  Would have been in class of 1974 if we hadn't
moved when my dad retired.

Let's see... I was in the band in 8th and 9th grade.
I remember (besides Mr. Bridges), Mr. Porter, Mrs. Pratt (P.E.),
Mr. Aguirre (didn't know about the incident with his car, although
I remember him telling us once that he only had one kidney!),
Mr. Allen and Mrs. Bartoskewitz (don't know about the spelling
on that one).

IP Logged
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Reply #131 - 04. Oct 2009 at 15:56

Welcome Lee Ann.

Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #132 - 05. Oct 2009 at 12:55

Quote from Lee Ann on 04. Oct 2009 at 14:48:
Looks like I didn't need to start a new thread!
I could have just responded to this one...

Lee Ann (Henderson) Howlett - attended 7th-9th grades
(1968-1971).  Would have been in class of 1974 if we hadn't
moved when my dad retired.

Let's see... I was in the band in 8th and 9th grade.
I remember (besides Mr. Bridges), Mr. Porter, Mrs. Pratt (P.E.),
Mr. Aguirre (didn't know about the incident with his car, although
I remember him telling us once that he only had one kidney!),
Mr. Allen and Mrs. Bartoskewitz (don't know about the spelling
on that one).

Nunzio here.  Welcome Lee Ann,  Are you thinking about coming to the reunion?

IP Logged
heidicay91

Reply #133 - 16. Oct 2009 at 11:30

I lived at Randolph AFB for '86-91.  I remember mr zook for 7th grade history.  I cheered for the RoHawks my freshman year 90-91.  There was Coach Carter and Coach Gonzalez.  I also cheered for the Randolph Rattlers pop warner team....Smiley  Oh the memories.  I swam for the Randolph Sharks swim team during the summer.  Riding my bike to the West pool for early morning practices.  I hope this is a good amount of information to show that I am not a Spammer.

Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #134 - 16. Oct 2009 at 11:47

Quote from heidicay91 on 16. Oct 2009 at 11:30:
I lived at Randolph AFB for '86-91.  I remember mr zook for 7th grade history.  I cheered for the RoHawks my freshman year 90-91.  There was Coach Carter and Coach Gonzalez.  I also cheered for the Randolph Rattlers pop warner team....Smiley  Oh the memories.  I swam for the Randolph Sharks swim team during the summer.  Riding my bike to the West pool for early morning practices.  I hope this is a good amount of information to show that I am not a Spammer.

Welcome Heidi,  Being an ancient relic from the early 70's, I did not know most of those Coach's.  riding the bike to the West pool works though.  Chuck Spain is another RoHawk from the 70's that is on the board pretty often.  Ask him about his West pool bicycle riding story for a real gut wrenching laugh.

Have you checked out our 2010 all year reunion?

IP Logged
taraking
Basic Trainee

Reply #135 - 15. Nov 2009 at 01:37

tara king, rohawk class of ninety four, moved away prior to graduation

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #136 - 15. Nov 2009 at 07:37

Welcome to the Ro-Hawk site Tara King.  Tell your friends.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
RuthLittleDean

Reply #137 - 12. Feb 2010 at 19:33

Hi, I'm Ruth Little Dean, I attended from 1973-1976. My Dad unexpectedly PCS'd us all to California a few weeks before graduation. So I went to a new school and graduated with a bunch of strangers. Ain't that military brat life tho! I consider myself a RoHawk forever.

Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #138 - 13. Feb 2010 at 11:10

Welcome Ruth!

I see you are pre-registered for the reunion.  Looking forward to seeing you.

Mike

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Ann Mitchell Jones
Basic Trainee

Reply #139 - 16. Feb 2010 at 18:32

Hi there,
My name is Ann Mitchell Jones, and I graduated in 1972.  I think the Spanish teacher's name was Mrs. McCormick, but I certainly didn't have a favorite Math teacher!  Except I do seem to remember one in the 8th grade that everyone loved!  Yes, I was a Rohawk for a long time.  I can't believe I just found this web site.  Thanks so much putting it together for all of us.

Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #140 - 17. Feb 2010 at 07:54

Quote from Ann Mitchell Jones on 16. Feb 2010 at 18:32:
Hi there,
My name is Ann Mitchell Jones, and I graduated in 1972.  I think the Spanish teacher's name was Mrs. McCormick, but I certainly didn't have a favorite Math teacher!  Except I do seem to remember one in the 8th grade that everyone loved!  Yes, I was a Rohawk for a long time.  I can't believe I just found this web site.  Thanks so much putting it together for all of us.  

Hi Ann,

Nunzio here.  Great to see you found the web site.  Close on the spanish teacher.  Mrs. McCorkindale was there for quite a while.  Were you thinking of Mr. Porter for the Math?  

I also see where you registered to come to the reunion this year.  It is shaping up to be our largest ever.  Lot's of '72's are already signed up. It is going to be great to renew old friendships.

IP Logged
Ann Mitchell Jones
Basic Trainee

Reply #141 - 17. Feb 2010 at 21:14

Hi Nunzio...so good to hear from you.  You are right about Mrs. McCorkindale...I can't believe I forgot her name.  And you were right again about Mr. Porter.  That was his name. Who was the crazy Geometry teacher that we had?   I saw on the registration list that Betty Jo was planning on coming to the reunion.  I can't wait to see her and catch up again.  Looking forward to seeing you again!

Email   IP Logged
Martina

Reply #142 - 13. Mar 2010 at 14:29

Ok, will give this a try.  My big brother was real big in the band in 82 or so.  Mr. Howard was the best.  Other than that not much to say.  Clifford was a great play that year.  
thanks

Email   IP Logged
beckyhouy
Basic Trainee

Re: I am a RoHawk alumni Class of 1974
Reply #143 - 22. Jun 2010 at 19:57

Looking forward to the July 2010 reunion!  Cheesy

Bear

Email   IP Logged
beckyhouy
Basic Trainee

Reply #144 - 22. Jun 2010 at 20:00

The crazy Geometry teacher was miss sally lewis.

Quote from Ann Mitchell Jones on 17. Feb 2010 at 21:14:
Hi Nunzio...so good to hear from you.  You are right about Mrs. McCorkindale...I can't believe I forgot her name.  And you were right again about Mr. Porter.  That was his name. Who was the crazy Geometry teacher that we had?   I saw on the registration list that Betty Jo was planning on coming to the reunion.  I can't wait to see her and catch up again.  Looking forward to seeing you again!

Email   IP Logged
Jim_Peck
Basic Trainee

Reply #145 - 15. Oct 2010 at 23:21

Jim Peck: Class of 63 -- the first class!!  Earl Hall was principal; Lynette Walker was student counselor; and Bob Mickler was head football coach.  We started the year in temp buildings behind the Church.  I was the first RHS Student Council President.  Look forward to hearing from old friends!!

Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #146 - 18. Oct 2010 at 09:58

Jim,  Welcome to the forum.  I have heard several variations of where our mascot came from.  Can you enlighten me?

IP Logged
Jim_Peck
Basic Trainee

Reply #147 - 21. Feb 2011 at 12:33

Hi Nunzio - Sorry I haven't responded till now.  As I recall a group of us got together with school staff during the summer of 62 to discuss school colors, mascot, etc.  We decided to pattern the school after the AF Academy -- thus the blue and silver and lightning bolts on the football helmets (I assume those are still there!!).  But we didn't want to copy exactly so we brain stormed for the mascot.  I don't remember who actually came up with Rohawk, but the group decided on it as something that would be unique to the school.  I don't remember who else was part of the decision.  Hope that helps some.  Cheers.

Email   IP Logged
chuckwright
Airman

Reply #148 - 16. Mar 2014 at 10:24

Post on facebook got me thinking (sometimes I set myself up). . . .class of 1974 . . .my sister linda class of '76 and younger brother Don class of '83 (I think) with Scott Baker.

Left Randolph and tried to play football at TLC in Seguin. . . you could measure my career in minutes .. . back to San Antonio where I worked in several restaurants and was the 1st Marine officer commissioned from UTSA. . .studied economics was on their student govt and became active with Ronald Reagan's campaign.

Flight school where I ran into LaFawn Cumaford. . one of those lovely randolph ladies who got cuter as she got further from HS..  .stationed in Hawaii (tough duty but someone had to do it).. .couple of WestPac deployments. . .got to see much of Asia and the Pacific.  .took up scuba diving..  ..now living in Frisco Texas (north of Plano). ..married to Michelle with our 10 year old Travis who's a great kid . . .financial planner.  .close to having a radio show and a book published. . . . our biggest hobby is working with the Iraq and Afghan Veterans Association and supporting our young veterans.  

Linda got married to a great guy.  ..she has a daughter and grandson .. .they live north of 1604 and she teaches

Don is a LtCol in the Marine Corps. . was literally one of the 1st Marines in Afghanistan . ..now is the CO of a reserve battalion and on the list for chickens this summer/fall.    He is doing very well with his career Bronze Star 3 meritorious service medals. . .yea . ..I'm pretty proud of him .. . Don was one of the rare 12 year Ro-Hawks. . . .

Dad passed in 1979 2 weeks before I was accepted into the Marine Corps. . .mom still lives in the same house (down the block from the Chauret's) . .only house they ever owned. . ..she retired as a teacher but still is active volunteering and tutoring. .  

Funny story. . . .Dave Weikel, Phil Williams and I had a small business going driving to Marble Falls and loading the trunk with coors beer then selling it in the parking lot of the Randolph O CLub .. . we could get $20 a case (we paid less than half that) from the pilots there.. . . you couldn't buy coors in SA at the time. ..

Things went well till we got pulled over by DPS. . .so much for that biz venture. . .  

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print