Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
20. May 2024 at 16:42
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Please leave a post so we know you are you!! (Read 74052 times)
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Re: Please leave a post so we know you are you!!
Reply #15 - 30. Dec 2007 at 10:48

Hi Pam!

Welcome to the bulletin board.
The joys of 'homeroom' during high school Smiley

What are you up to these days?

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #16 - 31. Dec 2007 at 10:43

Quote from Debbie Price on 13. Dec 2007 at 13:42:
This is Debbie Price.  Just want you to be sure it is me.  Class of 1976!!! The song at our 1975 prom was "Time in a Bottle"and Johnny Bender was a great dancer.  

[/quote]

Thanks Debbie,
I wish I would of shown you a little more than my dance moves.  Not that those move would of been any better. LOL
Welcome!

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Welcome to new RoHawk
Reply #17 - 18. Jan 2008 at 21:44

A big welcome to the bulletin board to Steve Swinney.  QB for the 1970 RoHawk football team and all around nice guy!!   Smiley

Though Steve didn't post to verify his membership, he did check in personally with me to let me know he would be signing up.  

We are getting so hammered by spam and vulgar posts it is really helpful for all legitimate RoHawks to post here.  If I don't recognize you and accidentally delete you, just e-mail me and I will make it right.

thanks
Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Ron Smith
Basic Trainee

Reply #18 - 19. Jan 2008 at 00:21

Hey -  

Ron Smith - Class of 1978
Fond memories of academic advancements with Cameron McDermott, Ray Reese and Johnny B in Physic Class.  Still in the Food Business, selling caviar to Chefs, doing a radio show about the culinary world and writing articles for print and web sites about food, restaurants, Chefs and cookbooks.  Let me know if anyone wants to meet up at Retama Park in the spring.

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #19 - 21. Jan 2008 at 17:52

Hey Ron, Steve and any others.  Welcome and hope to see some posts.
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
rad druen
Basic Trainee

Reply #20 - 24. Jan 2008 at 18:50

Hey Mike, Johnny Bender gave me a call last week when he and Rodney Poole were in Las Vegas Last week. When we got together they told me about this site. Hope this is considered a post so I'm registered. Take care, Rad Druen '75

Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #21 - 24. Jan 2008 at 20:40

Quote from rad druen on 24. Jan 2008 at 18:50:
Hey Mike, Johnny Bender gave me a call last week when he and Rodney Poole were in Las Vegas Last week. When we got together they told me about this site. Hope this is considered a post so I'm registered. Take care, Rad Druen '75

You be posted!!  Glad to hear from you!  Enjoy!

Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
rad druen
Basic Trainee

Reply #22 - 28. Jan 2008 at 07:36

Hey fellow Rohawks glad to find this site!! Hope this works as a post...Rad Druen

Email   IP Logged
Austin R. Bryan
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 29. Jan 2008 at 22:49

Hey dude,

Very Long time....How the hell are u? Hope this finds you well and in good spirits...best... WinkAustin

IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #24 - 29. Jan 2008 at 23:26

As I recall, you two along with John Allen were on the golf team.  Is that right?

Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
BarbaraA
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 07. Feb 2008 at 09:53

Mike, I just found this site - thanks for giving us a place to check in and keep up!  Class of '74, we were the largest graduating class up to that date (I believe there were 98 of us).  I was in band and can remember when the new track was put in and we had to cross it on boards because Coach Mickler didn't want us to damage it with our shoes!  I remember the playoffs that year when we went south and the other team with the gigantic kid that they had to sew three jerseys together just to make one for him - and his only job was to fall on you guys and take out as many Rohawks as possible!  I remember playing Friendswood in the semi-finals and they were the size of a AAAAA school - I think there were at least a hundred guys on their sidelines.  You guys did us proud, thanks for a great ride!  Teachers that left an impression:  Mr. Pyka, Mr. Bridges, Coach Scott (stirring frog brains before we dissected them and drivers ed - perhaps he has wiped me out of his memory!), Coach Mickler, Coach English, Coach Johnson (I learned a lot about football during health class), Mrs. Whatley, Ms. Scoggin (who gave me a ride to school every day my senior year), Sra. McCorkindale (I have a cairn terrier named Corki) - I could go on.  

I still live in Abilene, Tx where my husband retired from the Air Force and all of our children are within reach.  I have an 18 month old granddaughter and another granddaughter on the way - they are the joy of our lives.  We raised 3 kids to be responsible adults - our son is a college English teacher married to a high school/middle school band director, our middle child is a mom whose husband's job is the web guy/everything media at their church, and the youngest is a high school/middle school band director, the only one not still in Abilene, lives in San Saba, Tx.  

Again, thanks to Mike and Johnny for their work is keeping us all connected!

Barbara (Jolly) Andrews

IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #26 - 07. Feb 2008 at 10:38

Welcome Barbara!!

Spread the news of this bulletin board!!

Wow!  What a great bunch of memories.  The team with the really big guy was Van Vleck.  David Scott ran the opening kickoff back for a touch down - goal line to goal line!!  I was sitting next to his brother, Mark, who was my best frined and he was screaming "THAT'S MY BROTHER, THATS MY BROTHER" during the entire kickoff return!  What a great memory.

Glad you are here!
Mike

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Austin R. Bryan
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 11. Feb 2008 at 20:33

So Rad, I'm glad you finally surfaced. Here's my email address: abryan@myhome.com.au - send me a note and let's catch up on 30 years of gossip!
 Wink Austin

IP Logged
rohawkjh

Reply #28 - 16. Mar 2008 at 12:36

jim halliwell----1967-1971------i was in mr porters math class when everyone was talking---he got pissed, threw his math book to the back wall and said
"the fence around this base is not there to keep civilians out,its there to keep you g d military brats in!!!

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #29 - 17. Mar 2008 at 11:14

Welcome Jim, Good story. Grin

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print