Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
20. May 2024 at 13:25
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Please leave a post so we know you are you!! (Read 74047 times)
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Please leave a post so we know you are you!!
06. Nov 2007 at 21:14

This Bulletin Board is getting hit very hard with spam, other unsavory posts and members who have less than honorable intentions.  

I have been diligent about editing those things promptly, but sometimes the e-mail address is not-so-suspicious looking, so I don't delete it soon enough.  

To help me out in this, when you sign up for a membership, please leave a post somewhere on this bulletin board or e-mail directly to me indicating when you graduated and a few choice items regarding your favorite math teacher, your favorite red headed Spanish teacher, the first name of "The Hunk", your favorite memory of JT's shop class (clamping the leads from the hand crank generator to Jon Russ's neck while he was sleeping in class and JT was in the dark room was fairly memorable!), what was the original color of the brick on the outside of the gym walls (and why it is no longer that color), the name of the bus driver/custodian who drove us to every game we ever went to, who stole the jerseys, was there really an alligator in the O-club pool, or Peggy Mc*****'s current address.   Grin  Grin  

If you do not know any of those things please feel free to adlib and let me know you really belong here!

If you get deleted and you really belong, re-register and/or e-mail me and I will get things right.

Sorry for the hassle, just want to keep this bulletin board around!!

Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Re: Please leave a post so we know you are you!!
Reply #1 - 06. Nov 2007 at 23:16

Thanks Mike.

Email   IP Logged
Austin R. Bryan
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 21. Nov 2007 at 19:13

Thanks Mike. I have noticed the unending seige of spam. Cheers...Austin Cool

IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #3 - 21. Nov 2007 at 19:33

It has been tough, but very well worth it.  Just need to get the word out so more people use it, and authorize a few more moderators so I (and Johnny B.) don't have to monitor things so closely.  

Any chance of you getting back to the States so we can see you sometime?  Rodney lives in Los Angeles and I bet I could talk John Allen, Johnny B and Jim Schrank into showing up.  With tthat amount of hunk factor I bet the ladies would flock to the meeting!   Grin Grin Grin  Wink

Sounds like a mini-reunion.

Mike

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Rodney Matte

Reply #4 - 23. Nov 2007 at 09:05

Rodney Matte, class of 1972, Key Club,  
Memories:
Working at the Officer Club, Canyon Lake and Padre Island, Mr Posey's One act play, Mr Rice's Trig class, Mrs. Dargenio's Chemistry class, 66 Mustang.

Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #5 - 23. Nov 2007 at 10:18

Hey Rodney,

Welcomne to the RoHawk bulletin board.  Wow!  That is a blast from the past, Mrs Dargenio!

Cool,  
MB

« Last Edit: 30. Dec 2007 at 09:48 by Bear »  

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #6 - 26. Nov 2007 at 10:57

Let's see, where to start.  There has probably never been another Nunzio at Randolph (hold the one liners!), but then again not many folks knew him.

So let's try the second day of school in 1966, when an unknown junior high newcomer was late for shop, flew around the corner between the lockers and cafeteria on the way to shop and laid out (something few Ro-Hawk opponents ever did) Mr. RHS, then known as the renown Bucky Jack Allshouse.  Rumor has it that Mr. Allshouse never did see that fleet young man (actually the proof he did not is that I, err he lived to tell the story).

Many of you late 70's probably were taught by Mr. Rice.  He was an outstanding teacher once he got past that first school year.  His first year was 1969-70.  Ross Wallace and some other character had him for American History.  Being relegated to front row seats on either side of Mr. Rice's desk, they developed the first super ball off the blackboard game.  Mr. Rice told me a few years later that he chose to ignore us idiots, but I still maintain he never even knew it.

Hey Coach Scott!  Did I ever thank you for running my butt into the ground with liners?  Or, for insisting I run bleachers during football season.  I don't think I ever did thank you.  Just for the record, Thank You Coach.  You were the best!  Johnny and Mike,  I did not know you in high school.  I definately did enjoy working with you (you did all the work while I lounged) on the 2001 reunion.  Thanks for the effort on the new message board.

Hopefully, we can keep this one free from the spammers and other idiots.

Nunz

Nunzio "Pensatore" Previtera
  IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #7 - 26. Nov 2007 at 16:32

Nunzio,
  Good to see you back around.  Thanks for the post.
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Payday3199
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 29. Nov 2007 at 07:50

This is Patrick Day, class of '86.  I left a post in the '80s section also.  Let's see, Coach Mickler, Turnbow, Cannon, English and Scott were the football coaches during my days there.  We went 13-1 my junior year losing to East Bernard in the State Quarter finals played at UT.  We went 12-1 my senior year losing to Shiner in the Regionals played on a field in Seguin.  I hope this board takes off and we get alot of people posting to it.  Great Idea.....Smiley

IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #9 - 29. Nov 2007 at 12:46

Thanks Patrick,

I have been frazzled removing bogus posts so it is good to see a real RoHawk signing up.  It might end up that this board has some really great memeories on it!   Smiley Smiley Smiley

Enjoy and spread the word.

Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Debbie Price
Basic Trainee

Reply #10 - 13. Dec 2007 at 13:42

This is Debbie Price.  Just want you to be sure it is me.  Class of 1976!!! The song at our 1975 prom was "Time in a Bottle"and Johnny Bender was a great dancer.    Quote from Bear on 06. Nov 2007 at 21:14:
This Bulletin Board is getting hit very hard with spam, other unsavory posts and members who have less than honorable intentions.  

I have been diligent about editing those things promptly, but sometimes the e-mail address is not-so-suspicious looking, so I don't delete it soon enough.  

To help me out in this, when you sign up for a membership, please leave a post somewhere on this bulletin board or e-mail directly to me indicating when you graduated and a few choice items regarding your favorite math teacher, your favorite red headed Spanish teacher, the first name of "The Hunk", your favorite memory of JT's shop class (clamping the leads from the hand crank generator to Jon Russ's neck while he was sleeping in class and JT was in the dark room was fairly memorable!), what was the original color of the brick on the outside of the gym walls (and why it is no longer that color), the name of the bus driver/custodian who drove us to every game we ever went to, who stole the jerseys, was there really an alligator in the O-club pool, or Peggy Mc*****'s current address.   Grin  Grin

If you do not know any of those things please feel free to adlib and let me know you really belong here!

If you get deleted and you really belong, re-register and/or e-mail me and I will get things right.

Sorry for the hassle, just want to keep this bulletin board around!!

Bear

Email   IP Logged
Pam Volker

Reply #11 - 16. Dec 2007 at 00:14

It's Pam Volker from the class of '76.  My memory is so poor these days, my four years at Randolph are a blur.  But I do remember home room with Rodney Poole and Jim Shrank, spanish class with Johnny Bender and Chris Cochran taught by Mrs. McCorkindale, great football games and a fabulous marching band.  This bulletin board brings back a lot of memories.  Thanks guys!

Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #12 - 16. Dec 2007 at 09:45

Welcome Pam!!!  Thanks for the post.  Hope you enjoy the bulletin board.

Mike

« Last Edit: 30. Dec 2007 at 09:50 by Bear »  

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
lezail
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 16. Dec 2007 at 20:34

This is ChuckD (Dawson) from the class of 86.  Following on Pat Day's idents; Shiner 'trapped' us the whole game and scored the 'difference maker' on a play we all thought we'd stopped.  And just to ring Coach Scott's bell, my favorite defense was 52 (1-3-1) half court trap.

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #14 - 17. Dec 2007 at 10:02

Quote from Pamela Volker on 16. Dec 2007 at 00:14:
It's Pam Volker from the class of '76.  My memory is so poor these days, my four years at Randolph are a blur.  But I do remember home room with Rodney Poole and Jim Shrank, spanish class with Johnny Bender and Chris Cochran taught by Mrs. McCorkindale, great football games and a fabulous marching band.  This bulletin board brings back a lot of memories.  Thanks guys!

Good to see you here Pam.  I still see Mrs. McCorkindale at times.  Hope all is well with you.
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print