Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
20. May 2024 at 14:39
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
Please leave a post so we know you are you!! (Read 74048 times)
Joe Drank
Basic Trainee

Re: Please leave a post so we know you are you!!
Reply #120 - 26. Aug 2009 at 16:52

Hope this counts towards being a Ro-Hawk 72-76 class of 78  
Joe Drank

Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #121 - 26. Aug 2009 at 17:14

Quote from Joe Drank on 26. Aug 2009 at 16:52:
Hope this counts towards being a Ro-Hawk 72-76 class of 78
Joe Drank

Hi Joe, It does count.  Two minor questions:  Who was the basketball coach when you were there?  and more important, was Johnny Bender as obtuse a character then as he is now?

Nunzio "Pensatore" Previtera
  IP Logged
johnlee
Basic Trainee

Reply #122 - 26. Aug 2009 at 18:13

Quote from Bear on 06. Nov 2007 at 21:14:
This Bulletin Board is getting hit very hard with spam, other unsavory posts and members who have less than honorable intentions.  

I have been diligent about editing those things promptly, but sometimes the e-mail address is not-so-suspicious looking, so I don't delete it soon enough.  

To help me out in this, when you sign up for a membership, please leave a post somewhere on this bulletin board or e-mail directly to me indicating when you graduated and a few choice items regarding your favorite math teacher, your favorite red headed Spanish teacher, the first name of "The Hunk", your favorite memory of JT's shop class (clamping the leads from the hand crank generator to Jon Russ's neck while he was sleeping in class and JT was in the dark room was fairly memorable!), what was the original color of the brick on the outside of the gym walls (and why it is no longer that color), the name of the bus driver/custodian who drove us to every game we ever went to, who stole the jerseys, was there really an alligator in the O-club pool, or Peggy Mc*****'s current address.   Grin  Grin

If you do not know any of those things please feel free to adlib and let me know you really belong here!

If you get deleted and you really belong, re-register and/or e-mail me and I will get things right.

Sorry for the hassle, just want to keep this bulletin board around!!

Bear

John Lieberman here.  Class of '66.  And, NO, I did not originate calling Mr. Porter "Uncle Marv" -- even though he accused me of doing so on many occasions.  Furthermore, I have absolutely no idea who stood Mr. Aguire's VW up on its rear bumper against the flagpole!

Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #123 - 26. Aug 2009 at 18:29

Quote from johnlee on 26. Aug 2009 at 18:13:
Quote from Bear on 06. Nov 2007 at 21:14:
This Bulletin Board is getting hit very hard with spam, other unsavory posts and members who have less than honorable intentions.  

I have been diligent about editing those things promptly, but sometimes the e-mail address is not-so-suspicious looking, so I don't delete it soon enough.  

To help me out in this, when you sign up for a membership, please leave a post somewhere on this bulletin board or e-mail directly to me indicating when you graduated and a few choice items regarding your favorite math teacher, your favorite red headed Spanish teacher, the first name of "The Hunk", your favorite memory of JT's shop class (clamping the leads from the hand crank generator to Jon Russ's neck while he was sleeping in class and JT was in the dark room was fairly memorable!), what was the original color of the brick on the outside of the gym walls (and why it is no longer that color), the name of the bus driver/custodian who drove us to every game we ever went to, who stole the jerseys, was there really an alligator in the O-club pool, or Peggy Mc*****'s current address.   Grin  Grin

If you do not know any of those things please feel free to adlib and let me know you really belong here!

If you get deleted and you really belong, re-register and/or e-mail me and I will get things right.

Sorry for the hassle, just want to keep this bulletin board around!!

Bear

John Lieberman here.  Class of '66.  And, NO, I did not originate calling Mr. Porter "Uncle Marv" -- even though he accused me of doing so on many occasions.  Furthermore, I have absolutely no idea who stood Mr. Aguire's VW up on its rear bumper against the flagpole!

Hi John,

Welcome to the board!

I was a little punk 8th grader in 66, so I am sure you do not remember me.  I really would like to hear a little more about Mr. Aquire's VW, not to verify anything, but just because.  Feel free to change any names to protect the guilty. lol.

IP Logged
johnlee
Basic Trainee

Reply #124 - 26. Aug 2009 at 19:40

[quote author=Nunzio link=1194405281/120#123 date=1251329391][quote author=johnlee link=1194405281/120#122 date=1251328424]Quote from Bear on 06. Nov 2007 at 21:14:

Hi John,

Welcome to the board!

I was a little punk 8th grader in 66, so I am sure you do not remember me.  I really would like to hear a little more about Mr. Aquire's VW, not to verify anything, but just because.  Feel free to change any names to protect the guilty. lol.

I couldn't give you names -- even if I wanted to!  That was 40+ years ago.  I just remember that a bunch of us went out late one afternoon, picked up his little black VW Beetle from the teachers' parking area, and hauled it out to the flagpole.   I know that we TRIED to stand it up against the flagpole but I'm not 100% sure that we actually succeeded.  I THINK that we did, but I've slept since then.

I could also tell you about the Saturday or Sunday afternoon when some of us picked up a fellow student's '66 or '67 Mini -- to lift it over the curb -- and then watched while he laid down a couple of skinny little patches of rubber on the big sidewalk leading to the main campus entrance!!

My little sister, JoAnn, was five years behind me -- so you might have encountered her.  However, she was pretty nondescript -- she was just there and not really involved in anything at that time!  My Dad retired in '66, so she actually went to High School at MacArthur after her Junior High years at RHS.

John

Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #125 - 26. Aug 2009 at 20:17

HEY TIM!!

Welcome!!

In case no one ever said thank you, THANKYOU for doing the BB for so long.  I now know what it is like to have to battle the world of SPAMMERS!!!!

Thanks for what you did, welcome aboard!!

Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Tim Belet
Airman

Reply #126 - 26. Aug 2009 at 20:59

Thanks!  I wish I had not gotten so overwhelmed with the spammers and other things going on back then that I couldn't keep the board going.   You gentlemen are doing a good job keeping this one going.  I will need a little help with the pseudonames  Wink

Email   IP Logged
RooooooHAWKS

Reply #127 - 01. Oct 2009 at 01:48

Hi everyone,

My name is Rick Roberson. I attended Randolph for seventh, eighth, and nineth grade. I was a freshman during the 1981-82 school year. I'm certain no one will remember me, since I stayed to myself and was not very involved.

My fondest memories of Randolph are of Friday night football games. I can still hear the drum rolls as the band marched from the gym, down the hill to the field. We had some great teams the few years I was there.

I always wondered what happened to our freshmen star running back Anthony Nealy (SP?). I really thought he was good enough to play college ball. If I recall correctly, his father/mother received orders out, and there was talk that he may get to stay with a coach to finish football at Randolph.

Does anyone know if Anthony played football in college?

Thanks,

Rick

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #128 - 01. Oct 2009 at 12:30

Quote from RooooooHAWKS on 01. Oct 2009 at 01:48:
Hi everyone,

My name is Rick Roberson. I attended Randolph for seventh, eighth, and nineth grade. I was a freshman during the 1981-82 school year. I'm certain no one will remember me, since I stayed to myself and was not very involved.

My fondest memories of Randolph are of Friday night football games. I can still hear the drum rolls as the band marched from the gym, down the hill to the field. We had some great teams the few years I was there.

I always wondered what happened to our freshmen star running back Anthony Nealy (SP?). I really thought he was good enough to play college ball. If I recall correctly, his father/mother received orders out, and there was talk that he may get to stay with a coach to finish football at Randolph.

Does anyone know if Anthony played football in college?

Thanks,

Rick

Rick,
 You were here long enouph, you are welcome to the boards and reunion if your interested.
John

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Trina Bryant
Airman

Reply #129 - 02. Oct 2009 at 14:16

Got email to leave a post to say I am who I am in order to receive messages.  Well, the last time I looked in the mirror,  I was me, several years older to my disappointment, but, "I Yam who I say I Yam." VERIFICATION:  Hummm, let me think, "The American Peddlers"  was the band who played at the 1975 Jr-Sr Prom. I was on the committee that hired them.  We could have hired "ZZ Top" but it would have cost $5000.   Those were the days.

Email   IP Logged
Lee Ann
Basic Trainee

Reply #130 - 04. Oct 2009 at 14:48

Looks like I didn't need to start a new thread!
I could have just responded to this one...

Lee Ann (Henderson) Howlett - attended 7th-9th grades
(1968-1971).  Would have been in class of 1974 if we hadn't
moved when my dad retired.

Let's see... I was in the band in 8th and 9th grade.
I remember (besides Mr. Bridges), Mr. Porter, Mrs. Pratt (P.E.),
Mr. Aguirre (didn't know about the incident with his car, although
I remember him telling us once that he only had one kidney!),
Mr. Allen and Mrs. Bartoskewitz (don't know about the spelling
on that one).

IP Logged
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Reply #131 - 04. Oct 2009 at 15:56

Welcome Lee Ann.

Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #132 - 05. Oct 2009 at 12:55

Quote from Lee Ann on 04. Oct 2009 at 14:48:
Looks like I didn't need to start a new thread!
I could have just responded to this one...

Lee Ann (Henderson) Howlett - attended 7th-9th grades
(1968-1971).  Would have been in class of 1974 if we hadn't
moved when my dad retired.

Let's see... I was in the band in 8th and 9th grade.
I remember (besides Mr. Bridges), Mr. Porter, Mrs. Pratt (P.E.),
Mr. Aguirre (didn't know about the incident with his car, although
I remember him telling us once that he only had one kidney!),
Mr. Allen and Mrs. Bartoskewitz (don't know about the spelling
on that one).

Nunzio here.  Welcome Lee Ann,  Are you thinking about coming to the reunion?

IP Logged
heidicay91

Reply #133 - 16. Oct 2009 at 11:30

I lived at Randolph AFB for '86-91.  I remember mr zook for 7th grade history.  I cheered for the RoHawks my freshman year 90-91.  There was Coach Carter and Coach Gonzalez.  I also cheered for the Randolph Rattlers pop warner team....Smiley  Oh the memories.  I swam for the Randolph Sharks swim team during the summer.  Riding my bike to the West pool for early morning practices.  I hope this is a good amount of information to show that I am not a Spammer.

Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #134 - 16. Oct 2009 at 11:47

Quote from heidicay91 on 16. Oct 2009 at 11:30:
I lived at Randolph AFB for '86-91.  I remember mr zook for 7th grade history.  I cheered for the RoHawks my freshman year 90-91.  There was Coach Carter and Coach Gonzalez.  I also cheered for the Randolph Rattlers pop warner team....Smiley  Oh the memories.  I swam for the Randolph Sharks swim team during the summer.  Riding my bike to the West pool for early morning practices.  I hope this is a good amount of information to show that I am not a Spammer.

Welcome Heidi,  Being an ancient relic from the early 70's, I did not know most of those Coach's.  riding the bike to the West pool works though.  Chuck Spain is another RoHawk from the 70's that is on the board pretty often.  Ask him about his West pool bicycle riding story for a real gut wrenching laugh.

Have you checked out our 2010 all year reunion?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print