Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
10. May 2024 at 15:54
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
Please leave a post so we know you are you!! (Read 74033 times)
taraking
Basic Trainee

Re: Please leave a post so we know you are you!!
Reply #135 - 15. Nov 2009 at 01:37

tara king, rohawk class of ninety four, moved away prior to graduation

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #136 - 15. Nov 2009 at 07:37

Welcome to the Ro-Hawk site Tara King.  Tell your friends.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
RuthLittleDean

Reply #137 - 12. Feb 2010 at 19:33

Hi, I'm Ruth Little Dean, I attended from 1973-1976. My Dad unexpectedly PCS'd us all to California a few weeks before graduation. So I went to a new school and graduated with a bunch of strangers. Ain't that military brat life tho! I consider myself a RoHawk forever.

Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #138 - 13. Feb 2010 at 11:10

Welcome Ruth!

I see you are pre-registered for the reunion.  Looking forward to seeing you.

Mike

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Ann Mitchell Jones
Basic Trainee

Reply #139 - 16. Feb 2010 at 18:32

Hi there,
My name is Ann Mitchell Jones, and I graduated in 1972.  I think the Spanish teacher's name was Mrs. McCormick, but I certainly didn't have a favorite Math teacher!  Except I do seem to remember one in the 8th grade that everyone loved!  Yes, I was a Rohawk for a long time.  I can't believe I just found this web site.  Thanks so much putting it together for all of us.

Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #140 - 17. Feb 2010 at 07:54

Quote from Ann Mitchell Jones on 16. Feb 2010 at 18:32:
Hi there,
My name is Ann Mitchell Jones, and I graduated in 1972.  I think the Spanish teacher's name was Mrs. McCormick, but I certainly didn't have a favorite Math teacher!  Except I do seem to remember one in the 8th grade that everyone loved!  Yes, I was a Rohawk for a long time.  I can't believe I just found this web site.  Thanks so much putting it together for all of us.  

Hi Ann,

Nunzio here.  Great to see you found the web site.  Close on the spanish teacher.  Mrs. McCorkindale was there for quite a while.  Were you thinking of Mr. Porter for the Math?  

I also see where you registered to come to the reunion this year.  It is shaping up to be our largest ever.  Lot's of '72's are already signed up. It is going to be great to renew old friendships.

Nunzio "Pensatore" Previtera
  IP Logged
Ann Mitchell Jones
Basic Trainee

Reply #141 - 17. Feb 2010 at 21:14

Hi Nunzio...so good to hear from you.  You are right about Mrs. McCorkindale...I can't believe I forgot her name.  And you were right again about Mr. Porter.  That was his name. Who was the crazy Geometry teacher that we had?   I saw on the registration list that Betty Jo was planning on coming to the reunion.  I can't wait to see her and catch up again.  Looking forward to seeing you again!

Email   IP Logged
Martina

Reply #142 - 13. Mar 2010 at 14:29

Ok, will give this a try.  My big brother was real big in the band in 82 or so.  Mr. Howard was the best.  Other than that not much to say.  Clifford was a great play that year.  
thanks

Email   IP Logged
beckyhouy
Basic Trainee

Re: I am a RoHawk alumni Class of 1974
Reply #143 - 22. Jun 2010 at 19:57

Looking forward to the July 2010 reunion!  Cheesy

Quote from Bear on 06. Nov 2007 at 21:14:
This Bulletin Board is getting hit very hard with spam, other unsavory posts and members who have less than honorable intentions.  

I have been diligent about editing those things promptly, but sometimes the e-mail address is not-so-suspicious looking, so I don't delete it soon enough.  

To help me out in this, when you sign up for a membership, please leave a post somewhere on this bulletin board or e-mail directly to me indicating when you graduated and a few choice items regarding your favorite math teacher, your favorite red headed Spanish teacher, the first name of "The Hunk", your favorite memory of JT's shop class (clamping the leads from the hand crank generator to Jon Russ's neck while he was sleeping in class and JT was in the dark room was fairly memorable!), what was the original color of the brick on the outside of the gym walls (and why it is no longer that color), the name of the bus driver/custodian who drove us to every game we ever went to, who stole the jerseys, was there really an alligator in the O-club pool, or Peggy Mc*****'s current address.   Grin  Grin

If you do not know any of those things please feel free to adlib and let me know you really belong here!

If you get deleted and you really belong, re-register and/or e-mail me and I will get things right.

Sorry for the hassle, just want to keep this bulletin board around!!

Bear

Email   IP Logged
beckyhouy
Basic Trainee

Reply #144 - 22. Jun 2010 at 20:00

The crazy Geometry teacher was miss sally lewis.

Quote from Ann Mitchell Jones on 17. Feb 2010 at 21:14:
Hi Nunzio...so good to hear from you.  You are right about Mrs. McCorkindale...I can't believe I forgot her name.  And you were right again about Mr. Porter.  That was his name. Who was the crazy Geometry teacher that we had?   I saw on the registration list that Betty Jo was planning on coming to the reunion.  I can't wait to see her and catch up again.  Looking forward to seeing you again!

Email   IP Logged
Jim_Peck
Basic Trainee

Reply #145 - 15. Oct 2010 at 23:21

Jim Peck: Class of 63 -- the first class!!  Earl Hall was principal; Lynette Walker was student counselor; and Bob Mickler was head football coach.  We started the year in temp buildings behind the Church.  I was the first RHS Student Council President.  Look forward to hearing from old friends!!

Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #146 - 18. Oct 2010 at 09:58

Jim,  Welcome to the forum.  I have heard several variations of where our mascot came from.  Can you enlighten me?

Nunzio "Pensatore" Previtera
  IP Logged
Jim_Peck
Basic Trainee

Reply #147 - 21. Feb 2011 at 12:33

Hi Nunzio - Sorry I haven't responded till now.  As I recall a group of us got together with school staff during the summer of 62 to discuss school colors, mascot, etc.  We decided to pattern the school after the AF Academy -- thus the blue and silver and lightning bolts on the football helmets (I assume those are still there!!).  But we didn't want to copy exactly so we brain stormed for the mascot.  I don't remember who actually came up with Rohawk, but the group decided on it as something that would be unique to the school.  I don't remember who else was part of the decision.  Hope that helps some.  Cheers.

Email   IP Logged
chuckwright
Airman

Reply #148 - 16. Mar 2014 at 10:24

Post on facebook got me thinking (sometimes I set myself up). . . .class of 1974 . . .my sister linda class of '76 and younger brother Don class of '83 (I think) with Scott Baker.

Left Randolph and tried to play football at TLC in Seguin. . . you could measure my career in minutes .. . back to San Antonio where I worked in several restaurants and was the 1st Marine officer commissioned from UTSA. . .studied economics was on their student govt and became active with Ronald Reagan's campaign.

Flight school where I ran into LaFawn Cumaford. . one of those lovely randolph ladies who got cuter as she got further from HS..  .stationed in Hawaii (tough duty but someone had to do it).. .couple of WestPac deployments. . .got to see much of Asia and the Pacific.  .took up scuba diving..  ..now living in Frisco Texas (north of Plano). ..married to Michelle with our 10 year old Travis who's a great kid . . .financial planner.  .close to having a radio show and a book published. . . . our biggest hobby is working with the Iraq and Afghan Veterans Association and supporting our young veterans.  

Linda got married to a great guy.  ..she has a daughter and grandson .. .they live north of 1604 and she teaches

Don is a LtCol in the Marine Corps. . was literally one of the 1st Marines in Afghanistan . ..now is the CO of a reserve battalion and on the list for chickens this summer/fall.    He is doing very well with his career Bronze Star 3 meritorious service medals. . .yea . ..I'm pretty proud of him .. . Don was one of the rare 12 year Ro-Hawks. . . .

Dad passed in 1979 2 weeks before I was accepted into the Marine Corps. . .mom still lives in the same house (down the block from the Chauret's) . .only house they ever owned. . ..she retired as a teacher but still is active volunteering and tutoring. .  

Funny story. . . .Dave Weikel, Phil Williams and I had a small business going driving to Marble Falls and loading the trunk with coors beer then selling it in the parking lot of the Randolph O CLub .. . we could get $20 a case (we paid less than half that) from the pilots there.. . . you couldn't buy coors in SA at the time. ..

Things went well till we got pulled over by DPS. . .so much for that biz venture. . .  

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print