Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
20. May 2024 at 15:53
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ro-Hawk (Read 1688 times)
BillCarter

Ro-Hawk
08. Jan 2011 at 14:27

My name is William Carter and folks who knew me at MacArthur High and at Randolph knew me as "BILL". We lived on base from 1961=1964, and I still miss the safe feeling of being on base. I made the choice to continue at MacArthur rather than attend the shiny, brand-new, on-base Randolph High (a decision about which I"ve had a few doubts o'er the years). This Summer, I attended a MacArthur Hight School Marching Band Reunion, and I thank Everything Sacred that I had a TEXAS education! I'm hoping to be able to visit with some of my friends who Did choose to go to Randolph (if any of us are still alive!). I actually DID attend Randolph- after graduation (from that Other school), I took a post-grduate semester at RHS- I was in choir, and took typing Just For Something To Do. After the explosion of computers, I think that the typing class was one on the best moves in my Entire life. My Dad was transferred to Hickam on Oahu and I did two years at the University of Hawaii, and then decided to go to San Francisco State (not knowing that my arrival would coincide with the infamous Summer Of Love). I did three years at SF State and then a year of graduate studies at Sonoma State University. Then I "dropped out" and moved to Mendocino County to experience the Commune Movement. I gave that up in about 1980 and moved to 'Vegas to reconnect with my family. Since then what money I've earned has come from either music-related ventures, or healing- massage, guided meditation, etc. At present, I live back and forth between Las Vegas and Mariposa, California (Yosemite area), and am mostly involved in music merchandising and record production. I have been blessed with an interesting life and feel Lucky to be alive!

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Re: Ro-Hawk
Reply #1 - 13. Jan 2011 at 10:01

Bill,
  Congratulations on your successes and welcome to the Ro-Hawk boards.  You missed an all class reunion this past summer.  It would of been a great time to connect with old friends.  Hopefully you find some of your classmates here.  You can also check the different Randolph sites on Facebook.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print