Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
09. May 2024 at 19:16
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Linda Glassmaker Peterson Dwyer (Read 9017 times)
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Linda Glassmaker Peterson Dwyer
17. Jul 2010 at 10:30

LA CROSSE/BYRON, Minn. — Linda T. Dwyer, 55, of La Crosse, formerly of Byron, Minn., died Sunday, July 11, 2010, in San Antonio, Texas.

Linda was born in Holyoke, Mass., on Aug. 31, 1954, to William Sr. and Una (Ostiguy) Glassmaker.

She was a RoHawk student from 1962 to 1970, except for 1967, when the family moved to Massachusetts while her father was in Viet Nam – then they moved back to RAFB. It was one of Linda’s fondest wishes to get back to San Antonio to see her old high school, see the home they lived in, and reconnect with old friends - and she got that chance by attending the RoHawk reunion on July 9th and 10th. She was having the time of her life while on that short vacation in Texas.  

Trying to put into words what Linda meant to her family is impossible. She lived to provide love and support for all those around her. She poured her entire heart and soul into everything she cared for. She was a nurturer, a loving wife, a proud mother and grandmother, an artistic spirit, full of compassion and generosity. She will be missed....

Linda is survived by her husband, Tony; four sons, Brent William (Sarah) Petersen, of Holmen, Drew Daryl Petersen, of La Crosse, Kyle Daniel Petersen, of Madison, and Tyler Lee Petersen, of La Crosse; a grandchild, Jack Petersen, of Holmen; her parents, William and Una Glassmaker, Sr., of Byron, Minn.; three brothers, Bill (Amy) Glassmaker Jr., of Mazeppa, Minn., Daryl (Renee) Glassmaker, of Byron, Brian (Kelly) Glassmaker, of Marshall, Mo.; and several nieces and nephews.

Linda is preceded in death by her grandparents.

A Funeral service was held at 6 p.m. on Friday, July 16, at Ranfranz and Vine Funeral Home, 5421 Royal Place N.W., Rochester, Minn. Visitation will be two hours prior to the service at the funeral home.

In lieu of flowers, memorials can be directed to the American Cancer Society.

www.ranfranzandvinefh.com .

« Last Edit: 24. Jul 2010 at 17:46 by Bear »  

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Re: Linda Glassmaker Peterson Dwyer
Reply #1 - 12. Aug 2010 at 16:23

I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet Linda and talk to her at the reunion.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print