Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
10. May 2024 at 00:23
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Karen Olson (Read 5774 times)
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Karen Olson
23. Feb 2010 at 22:14

Karen Olson, 1976 Talon (Yearbook) Photo

Karen Olson

Karen Olson, age 60, died Saturday, Feb. 20, following a year-long battle with cancer. She was born Oct. 9, 1949, in Seguin to parents Cleburne and Grace Soefje. Karen was a 1967 graduate of Seguin High and 1971 graduate of Texas Lutheran College.  

A life-long Lutheran, Karen actively served St. John’s Lutheran Church in San Antonio by designing and crafting banners for church and as a member of the handbell choir. In 2009, Karen retired after 36 years of teaching English and Speech at Randolph Middle School on Randolph Air Force Base where she also coordinated UIL activities and the National Junior Honor Society. Karen is survived by her husband of 39 years Kirby Olson of Universal City; two daughters, Monica Olson Kraatz and husband Jonathan of Saint Peter, Minn., and Lauren Olson Burkett and husband David of Keller; two grandchildren, Sarah Kraatz and Nolan Burkett; brothers Bobby Soefje of Longview and Warren Soefje of Seguin; and many caring friends. She is preceded in death by her parents.  

Family visitation will be held from 6-9 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 26, at Schertz Funeral Home, FM 3009 in Schertz. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 27, at St. John’s Lutheran Church, 502 E. Nueva in San Antonio, with graveside services to follow in Clifton. In lieu of flowers the family requests that memorials be directed to St. John’s Lutheran Church or a favorite charity. You may sign the electronic guest book at www.schertzfuneralhome.com .

Arrangements by Schertz Funeral Home, 2217 FM 3009, Schertz, Texas 78154, 210-658-9224.

Published February 23, 2010

« Last Edit: 26. Feb 2010 at 21:50 by Bear »  

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print