Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
09. May 2024 at 22:41
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hi everyone.... (Read 4793 times)
sandyminorsmith
Basic Trainee

Hi everyone....
27. Aug 2009 at 08:59

Thanks for the welcome, Bear..2010 sounds like a great year to me.  I'd love to see it done the same way as the last All Year Reunion; stuff at the Officers Club, etc.  I think my class of '63 was only about 27 people so Gloria and I MIGHT be able to get that many folks together!

Love to all   Wink

Sandy Minor - '63
Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Re: Hi everyone....
Reply #1 - 27. Aug 2009 at 16:53

Hi Sandy,

Here's another big welcome to the board.  

Quick question for you.  We received a super story a few years back about how the name RoHawk came about.  Due to unfortunate computer, shall I say, data problems we lost it.  

Do you happen to have a copy, or know the details of how it came about?

We would like to post it on this Forum when we locate it again.

Thanks,

Nunzio "Pensatore" Previtera
  IP Logged
sandyminorsmith
Basic Trainee

Reply #2 - 28. Aug 2009 at 07:37

Hi Nunzio - thanks for the welcome.  I'm afraid I don't have a copy of the story about the RoHawk name.  All I really remember from the time was that most of us who were going to be the first graduating class thought it was kind of weird at first, but I guess we got used to it!  Wish I could help you.  I'll try to see if any of the other seniors from that year know anything about it though.

Have a good one!

Sandy

Sandy Minor - '63
Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #3 - 28. Aug 2009 at 09:17

When we had the 2001 Grand Reunion a member of RHS' first graduating class sent me the story of how the Ro-Hawk became the school mascot.  It was a great piece of prose which captured the spirit of the times and how a few upperclassmen were allowed the lattitude to be unique.  Unfortunately that e-mail was lost when I had a HDD crash.  If you are the one who wrote that note to me, please resend it if you still have it.

thanks
Mike

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print