Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
20. May 2024 at 15:54
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Grandfather Stories (Read 7309 times)
BioCoach
Airman

Grandfather Stories
27. May 2009 at 16:02

The anticipation and wait is over! Roll EyesI finally have recieved from my publisher my first book.  It is called the Grandfather Stories and depicts the life and times when I was a young boy in Wewoka Oklahoma.  It targets the elementary and middle school crowd but adults have found it intertaining.  The stetting is rural Oklahoma in the late 40's after WWII.  It is kinda a Tom Sawyer type story. The book gives you the complete idea of those times.  It is educational, entertaining,and historical.  
Within a few days the book will be listed nationally with books in print.  By Sept 2009 the book will be avaliable in all major books stores in the USA.  If you can't wait that long I have the book avaliable for sale.  For $12.95+4.00 postage and packaging.  Send your checks to Don Scott, PO Box 475 Llano Tx.78643.  Be sure to include your name and address for my shipping information.
Coach Scott

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Re: Grandfather Stories
Reply #1 - 29. May 2009 at 12:18

I'll give it a look Coach.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #2 - 21. Jun 2009 at 09:08

Cool!!

I'll take autographed copy #2!!

Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - 04. Aug 2009 at 13:28

Hi Coach,

I got your signed copy Saturday, and read it Saturday night.  It is really cool. Your insights into the hobos moving around the country in the 40's hit me hard.  My Dad was one of those guys in the 30's.  He ran away from home in 1931, at the age of 12 and traveled the country in a similar fashion that you depicted of both the hobos and the gypsies.  He spent a few years with Willard the Wizard, which was a traveling Magic show at that time, but mostly he just wandered around.  He ended up joining the Army Air Corps during WWII, around 1943.

Reading your stories, I felt like I was living them with you.  Thank you for a job well done.

Thanks also for your kind words, and for signing the copy.  If you will remind me at the right time, I will post a review on the appropriate web sites once the book is publicly available.

Hey all your Ro-Hawks out there.  Send Coach your checks.  His book is a great read.

Nunzio "Pensatore" Previtera
  IP Logged
BioCoach
Airman

Reply #4 - 09. Aug 2009 at 19:15

Nunz, thanks for the kind words about the 'Grandfather Stories. Interesting about your Dad. I will for sure let you know when the book is ready on the net. It will be on Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Borders.
The best to you and your family.
Coach Scott

IP Logged
momsmart

Reply #5 - 25. Aug 2009 at 09:14

Hey Coach.  Barbara Smart here!  I just found this site and am thrilled to be connected again.  I, too, would like an autographed copy of your book.  I will get the check in the mail and just anticipate the joy of reading your memories.[color=#000033][/color]

Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #6 - 25. Aug 2009 at 10:33

Quote from momsmart on 25. Aug 2009 at 09:14:
Hey Coach.  Barbara Smart here!  I just found this site and am thrilled to be connected again.  I, too, would like an autographed copy of your book.  I will get the check in the mail and just anticipate the joy of reading your memories.[color=#000033][/color]

Hi Barbara,

Welcome to the Board.  What class did you graduate with?

IP Logged
BioCoach
Airman

Reply #7 - 25. Aug 2009 at 11:54

Barbara, GREAT to hear from you.  How are your children?  No, children no more!  Your grandchildren will enjoy my book.  Carline and I have settled in at our Ranch in Llano Tx.  The Grandfather Stories have appeal to every reader.  They target the elementary. middle school students   I am trying to get it into the Texas and Oklahoma schools.  That's a tough nut to crack!  

On Sept 1 the GF Stories will be avaliable on Amazon, Barnes&Noble and  Borders.  They can be purchased at the book stores or the internet.  I have copies avaliable now for immediate shipping. Sounds like you already know the details but I'll repeat my address just in case.

Don Scott PO Box 475 Llano Tx 78643
My next book about my teaching and coaching career will be out sometime next year.  A lot of RHS in it.

Nunz, Babara was a teacher at RHS and a great lady.

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #8 - 25. Aug 2009 at 13:28

Coach Scott,
  Just received your book and can't wait to read it.
Thank you,
John

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #9 - 25. Aug 2009 at 14:46

Quote from BioCoach on 25. Aug 2009 at 11:54:
Barbara, GREAT to hear from you.  How are your children?  No, children no more!  Your grandchildren will enjoy my book.  Carline and I have settled in at our Ranch in Llano Tx.  The Grandfather Stories have appeal to every reader.  They target the elementary. middle school students   I am trying to get it into the Texas and Oklahoma schools.  That's a tough nut to crack!  

On Sept 1 the GF Stories will be avaliable on Amazon, Barnes&Noble and  Borders.  They can be purchased at the book stores or the internet.  I have copies avaliable now for immediate shipping. Sounds like you already know the details but I'll repeat my address just in case.

Don Scott PO Box 475 Llano Tx 78643
My next book about my teaching and coaching career will be out sometime next year.  A lot of RHS in it.

Nunz, Babara was a teacher at RHS and a great lady.

Hey Coach,  

Thanks.  I hope she taught after me...otherwise it will be proof the ol' pea brain is losing it.  

It sounds like she graduated many RoHawks rather than with a class.

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #10 - 28. Sep 2009 at 08:49

Coach Scott,
  I just wanted to let you know I read your book and really enjoyed it.  It's too bad that todays kids don't have the feedom to enjoy the experiences that you, your brother and friends enjoyed.  It makes you want to roll up your jeans and head out exploring.  I'm looking forward to the next book.
Thank you,
John

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
BioCoach
Airman

Reply #11 - 06. Oct 2009 at 15:32

Thanks John.  Glad you enjoyed the stories.
Next book should be out sometime in 2010.
Coach Scott

IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #12 - 07. Oct 2009 at 09:08

Quote from BioCoach on 06. Oct 2009 at 15:32:
Thanks John.  Glad you enjoyed the stories.
Next book should be out sometime in 2010.
Coach Scott

Hey Coach,

We sure hope to see you at the All Year reunion next July 4th weekend.  You can check it out at http://rohawk.net/

IP Logged
MarquetaBentley
Basic Trainee

Reply #13 - 23. Oct 2009 at 20:03

Coah Scott,

Totally amazing, I am living in Blanchard, Oklahoma now and have been through Wewoka lots of times.  I actually have a friend at work from  Wewoka and her parents still live there.  They live on the old homestead that was settled during Indian Territory days before the Civil War.  I'll have to find out their names as I only know my friends married name.  I am going to put a check in the mail for one of those autographed books.  I think it is awsome that you are writing books.  I never had you for a teacher, but I do remember you from basketball games.  I am new to the board, but plan on coming to the reunion next year.  

Congrats,

Marqueta (Johnson) Bentley

Email   IP Logged
BioCoach
Airman

Reply #14 - 27. Oct 2009 at 11:10

Hi Marqueta!  My family lived out on Highway 270 which used to be a major highway. The newer section of 270 by passes my former home. We were 2 miles west of Wewoka.  Let me know about your Wewoka friends.  I may know them if they are lone time residents.
Nice to hear from you.  Thanks for your interest in The Grandfather Stories.

Don (Coach) Scott

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print