Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
09. May 2024 at 16:39
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Mini Reunion (Read 15648 times)
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Re: Mini Reunion
Reply #15 - 07. Aug 2009 at 09:35

Looking forward to it.  See you tomorrow! Roll Eyes

Nunzio "Pensatore" Previtera
  IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #16 - 09. Aug 2009 at 11:09

Just wanted to thank Nunzio and his wife for their wonderful hospitality.  They have a beautiful home and supplied all the food and drinks we could handle.   It was a very nice visit and look forward to seeing everyone again.
Thanks again,
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Reply #17 - 09. Aug 2009 at 12:26

OK Johnny - for those of us 2%ers who didn't make...who attended, what was the highlight, anybody get rowdy?

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #18 - 09. Aug 2009 at 15:39

Quote from Jim Schrank 76 on 09. Aug 2009 at 12:26:
OK Johnny - for those of us 2%ers who didn't make...who attended, what was the highlight, anybody get rowdy?

What happens at Nunzio's.........stays at Nunzio's.  Sorry bro. Wink

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #19 - 10. Aug 2009 at 10:09

Quote from Johnny Bender on 09. Aug 2009 at 15:39:
Quote from Jim Schrank 76 on 09. Aug 2009 at 12:26:

What happens at Nunzio's.........stays at Nunzio's.  Sorry bro. Wink

DANG!  Johnny is so mean!

From the class of '76 we had Mary Harriman, Terri Boutot, Johnny Bender and myself.  The rest of the folks there were all old guys so they don't matter.  The ladies looked as good as the day they graduated high school and of course were as charming as well.  We rehashed many old times and discussed every Ro-Hawk we could think of.  Terri has been living in the Schertz area for 5 years and had not even said "Hi" to anybody here yet!!  We scolded her and I bet she keeps in better touch now.  Mary drove in from Baytown for the weekend.  

Big news from the mini-reunion is it was suggested it might be time for another grand reunion.  No date for the first planning meeting was set but keep an eye on the bulletin board for updates on a 2010 all year reunion.

Ooops, one of the old guys who does matter is Nunzio, he and his darling wife Penny put on a great spread in his goergeous home.  The next time Nunzio makes the offer to host an event, you are missing out big time if you don't go!!  Thanks a bunch Nunz!!!

Later, Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #20 - 10. Aug 2009 at 16:33

LOL,  oh how I enjoy being the ancient RoHawk in this group.  You have heard the 76's perspective, now here is the view from "71.

I am pretty sure fun was had by all who attended.  The party started around 1PM.  I had to help the '76's out to their cars around 11:30.  They were ready to start skinny dippin but they could tell I was falling asleep in my chair.  They had me sucking down Amaretta Sours when I am usually taking my afternoon nap.  You could tell we are all in our 50's.  Even just a few years ago, they would have watched me sleep while they just headed into the pool.

Mary, Teri, Johnny, Bear, and Chuck had fun finding pictures in the old Talon's.  Of course, they had to find them in the seventh grade section as we only had my copies from 69-71 to look through.  

Jon Thompson, Ross Wallace and I held the fort for '71 along with our spouses.  It was super to see them.  Even with 5 years between our classes, the stories about life on Randolph were enjoyed by all.  Tales of the teen center, officer's pool, flight line snack bar, bowling alley flowed all night, as did fond memories of Coach Scott, Mr. Porter, Mr. Rice, and Mr. Hall, just to name a few.  Football camp was rehashed by both classes.  I could go on, but hey, you should have been here.

Catching up with careers and growing families was super also.

As Bear said, we all agreed it is time to have another all class reunion next summer.  What we really, really need to know is whether or not enough RoHawks are interested.  If you are, tell us now!

Thanks Jon, Ross, Teri, Mary, Chuck, Bear, and Johnny!  I had a super time with you all.  The bar is re-stocked and the house is open to you all anytime.

Nunz

Nunzio "Pensatore" Previtera
  IP Logged
Mary Harriman 76
Basic Trainee

Reply #21 - 12. Aug 2009 at 12:52

Nunzio~ Thanks so much to you and your wife for opening your beautiful home, it was very, very gracious of you! Enjoyed it so much!
I'm glad I could fly in and see Teri and that we were able to work it all out where we could come over to see everyone! It was really great catching up with Chuck, Mike and Johnny! Always great to see old friends and meet new ones, back then I don't think Seniors associated with 7th graders unless they had to!
Now...as far as us enjoying looking at our 7th grade pictures...don't think that was a very pleasurable experience! Quite scary actually!  
Looking forward to next summer, hoping to be there, but will make sure that both Robin and Teri are with me!
Again...many thanks! Great fun!

Quote from Nunzio on 10. Aug 2009 at 16:33:
LOL,  oh how I enjoy being the ancient RoHawk in this group.  You have heard the 76's perspective, now here is the view from "71.

I am pretty sure fun was had by all who attended.  The party started around 1PM.  I had to help the '76's out to their cars around 11:30.  They were ready to start skinny dippin but they could tell I was falling asleep in my chair.  They had me sucking down Amaretta Sours when I am usually taking my afternoon nap.  You could tell we are all in our 50's.  Even just a few years ago, they would have watched me sleep while they just headed into the pool.

Mary, Teri, Johnny, Bear, and Chuck had fun finding pictures in the old Talon's.  Of course, they had to find them in the seventh grade section as we only had my copies from 69-71 to look through.  

Jon Thompson, Ross Wallace and I held the fort for '71 along with our spouses.  It was super to see them.  Even with 5 years between our classes, the stories about life on Randolph were enjoyed by all.  Tales of the teen center, officer's pool, flight line snack bar, bowling alley flowed all night, as did fond memories of Coach Scott, Mr. Porter, Mr. Rice, and Mr. Hall, just to name a few.  Football camp was rehashed by both classes.  I could go on, but hey, you should have been here.

Catching up with careers and growing families was super also.

As Bear said, we all agreed it is time to have another all class reunion next summer.  What we really, really need to know is whether or not enough RoHawks are interested.  If you are, tell us now!

Thanks Jon, Ross, Teri, Mary, Chuck, Bear, and Johnny!  I had a super time with you all.  The bar is re-stocked and the house is open to you all anytime.

Nunz

Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #22 - 12. Aug 2009 at 16:20

Come on now Terri Boutoti.  Your turn to chime in!  Wink

Just click that little button down there that says "Reply" and send everyone a note about the reunion!!

Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Teri Prichard
Basic Trainee

Reply #23 - 13. Aug 2009 at 16:36

Bear thanks so much for the hint about reply button....dang I hate technology!!! It takes me hours to figure the site out, then I'm so old by the time I figure it out I have forgotten what I was gonna say!!! Had a wonderful time chit-chatting with everyone and catching up....I will try to stay in better touch. Nunzio thank you and your wife for having the get together...very nice of you to put up with us youngins!!!!! Thanks again and talk to you all soon...if I can't figure out this darn site please feel free to contact me by my e-mail...the old fashion way!!!!

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print