Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
09. May 2024 at 16:26
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ms. Hendricks (Read 3886 times)
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Ms. Hendricks
25. Nov 2008 at 09:57

Ms. Hendricks is still around UC and teaches sunday school at First Baptist Church in UC.  Nice lady.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Re: Ms. Hendricks
Reply #1 - 25. Nov 2008 at 20:22

Years later, I believe Ms. Hendricks became a published author,
and held a book signing at a library close to where my folks retired.

Email   IP Logged
Bob Lelle
Basic Trainee

Reply #2 - 04. Sep 2009 at 10:15

I remember a story from Ms. Hendricks' class:  I believe she was the Junior Class sponsor and she managed a fund raising project - selling stationary.  Well the day came when the stationary was delivered and Ms Hendricks was very excited about taking inventory.  My English class was very small and late in the day.  So Ms. Hendicks allowed us to shorten our class so we could help take inventory.
It was determined that there was 1 box of stationary missing.  We searched high and low and couldnt find it.  Ms Hendricks was very disappointed.  

I decided to pull a prank.  I went to the back of the class and was looking in the shipping boxes and I spoke up and said:

"Ms. Hendricks, is the box we are looking for yellow?"

Catching her attention, she said "Yes!"

I said "Is it 6 inches by 8 inches?"

"Yes!!"

"Does it have pretty yellow flowers on the paper?"

"Yes!!!"

Then I replied "Well, it's not in this box!"

The whole class busted out in laughter and I got a "U" for my citizenship mark for the semester.  It was worth it!

IP Logged
Terry Kirkland
Airman

Reply #3 - 17. Sep 2010 at 22:41

Hopefully I have the correct class I beleive Ms Hendricks was the teacher. anyhow it was sophmore english class 6th period where I was not the one of the Ms. Hendricks favorite students ( something about potential and not applying it). Well we were assigned the task of putting together a skit to be presented in class Bill Wheeler was my partner ( I pulled that name out of thin air). Surprisingly Bill and I had worked on our skit at his house several days the week of the presentation. We had everything in order and were scheduled to perform during the days class. Low and behold in one of my morning classes I decided to look over the script which I no longer had in my possession. After panicking then talking to Bill who was not pleased I decided to come clean and ask Ms Hendrick for a reprieve to which she in not so many words said not no but Hell no the show must go on ( at that point I knew I should have paid more attention and been a better student in her class)! Well I knew the script very well and spent lunch and my next class rewriting what I could remember. When it came for our skit I looked at Ms Hendrick as we were moving to the head of the class and to say the least it was obvioous she was not expecting much.
Well we put on the performance of our lives, I was Noah and Bill was "The Lord" stolen from my parents Bill Cosby comedy album. I never knew Ms Hnedrick had a sense of humor but she laughed so hard Bill and I thought she was going to fall out of the chair she was sitting at the rear of the room in. I have never forgotten this and hope she reads this and remembers and gets a chuckle out of it.

Terry Kirkland
Also I was the Sophmore class secretary, nominated by one of the fellows and won in a run off Ms Hendrick never liked the fact that when we had the meetings in her homeroon my girlfriend at the time who was in her homeroom would take the notes for me.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print