Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
10. May 2024 at 14:32
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Greg Brodman (Read 36507 times)
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Greg Brodman
02. Oct 2008 at 08:46

Colonel Gregory N. Brodman died suddenly early Monday morning, April 11, 2005. He was Chief of the Intelligence Force Programming Division, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB VA, a position he had assumed in August 2004. Col. Brodman was born on Sep. 18, 1959, in Enid OK. He graduated from Randolph High School, Randolph AFB TX, in 1978 and earned dual BAs from Trinity University, San Antonio TX, in 1982. In 1990, he earned the MA in Computer and Information Resources Management from Webster University. He played varsity football at Trinity and was an exceptional athlete; his enthusiasm for sports of all kinds continued throughout his life. He entered Officer Training School at Lackland AFB TX and received his Air Force commission in 1983. Selected for the intelligence field, he was a distinguished graduate of the Air Force Intelligence Officer's Course, Lowry AFB CO, and the DOD Basic/Field Interrogation Course, Los Angeles CA. Subsequently, he served with distinction at Pope AFB NC, Ft. Belvoir VA, Kelly AFB TX, Homestead AFB FL, Randolph AFB TX, Camp Kim ROK, Hurlburt Field FL, Beale AFB CA, and Shaw AFN SC before coming to Langley AFB. At Beale AFB, he was the Commander of the 48th Intelligence Squadron, and at Shaw AFB he was Deputy Group Commander of the 609th Air Intelligence Group. Additionally, Col. Brodman served for various periods in Kosovo, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and Iraq. He was slated to attend the Air War College in residence in August 2005. His decorations include the Bronze Star Medal, Meritorious Service Medal (multiple awards), and Commendation Medal (both Air Force and Army). Survivors are his wife of 22 years, Melinda Dianne (Hines); mother, Barry J. Brodman of San Antonio, TX; father, Col. (USAF Ret.) Robert F. Brodman of Seattle WA; brothers, Lane D. Brodman of San Antonio, TX, and Cole J. Brodman of Seattle WA; sisters-in-law, Donna (Mrs. Lane) Brodman, Kara (Mrs. Cole) Brodman, Laura Hines Wittman of Perrineville NJ, and Julie N. Hines of Ocean Springs MS; brothers-in-law, Walter Barth Hines of Montgomery AL, and Kevin L. Wittman of Perrineville NJ; nieces, Shelby Brodman of Seattle WA, Miranda Goins of Montgomery AL, and Olivia and Isabel Wittman of Perrineville NJ; nephew, Jackson Brodman of Seattle WA; and parents-in-law, Col. (USAF Ret.) and Mrs. Walter E. Hines, III, of Pike Road AL. Memorial services were held at the Langley AFB Chapel on Thursday, April 14. A funeral service was held on Tuesday, April 19, at Randolph AFB Chapel 1 in San Antonio, Texas. Burial was at Ft. Sam Houston National Cemetery, San Antonio, TX. Honorary pallbearers were Robert Brodman, Cole Brodman, Lane Brodman, Walter E. Hines, Johnny Bender, David Smoak, Brent Swanson, and Col. Mike Riede. The family requests that donations be made to the Air Force Aid Society (www.afas.org), Attn: Donations, 241 18th St. S., Suite 202, Arlington, VA 22202, in memory of Col. Brodman.

« Last Edit: 03. Oct 2008 at 10:08 by Bear »  

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Re: Greg Brodman
Reply #1 - 01. Dec 2008 at 09:03

Just a follow up to Greg Brodman.  Greg's wife Diane Brodman passed away last week.  I don't know if they will bury her next to Greg at Ft. Sam or not, but I'll post when I hear.  Sad sad news.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
lherrmann

Reply #2 - 09. Jan 2009 at 12:14

Dianne Brodman's Interment: This will take place at the National Cemetery at Fort Sam Houston, TX on Friday, January 16 at 1:30pm. The Rev. Robert E. Creasy will officiate.  All family and friends are invited to attend.

Dianne's brother has created a lovely website:  http://www.diannebrodman.com/

Lisa Anderson Herrmann '78

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - 19. Jan 2009 at 11:00

Dianne's service at Ft. Sam was very nice.  I'll miss her and Greg.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
TamiXWP
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 15. Apr 2009 at 08:48

I went to school with Greg in Rantoul IL. We went to an away game together once. I started looking for old friends earlier this year and found that he and Dianne had passed away. Greg played Basketball at RTHS in Rantoul our Freshman year. The RTHS class of 78 is having their 30 year class reunion this summer. My husband and I were thinking of attending even though I didn't get to graduate there because My dad retired and we moved. Sad news about Greg and Dianne.

Tami

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #5 - 16. Apr 2009 at 09:53

Quote from TamiXWP on 15. Apr 2009 at 08:48:
I went to school with Greg in Rantoul IL. We went to an away game together once. I started looking for old friends earlier this year and found that he and Dianne had passed away. Greg played Basketball at RTHS in Rantoul our Freshman year. The RTHS class of 78 is having their 30 year class reunion this summer. My husband and I were thinking of attending even though I didn't get to graduate there because My dad retired and we moved. Sad news about Greg and Dianne.

Tami

Tami,  I posted on the other thread before I read this one.  Greg and Dianne were both very good friends of mine.  Greg's mother also died about a year or so after Greg.  I read Gregs autopsy and it seemed like there was a slight heart defect that may have been the problem.  It didn't seem like they ever pinpointed the cause of death exactly.  He was in great shape so it was a huge suprise.  He was a great guy and great friend that will be missed.  It is nice of you to ask about him.
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
TamiXWP
Basic Trainee

Reply #6 - 14. May 2009 at 11:31

Johney,
   Seems strange for him to have had a heart defect after all the sports he played. Was he in Iraq when he passed away? The only thing I found on his death had Persian gulf Iraq on it. I think it was from Sam Houston national cemetary.

Tami

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #7 - 15. May 2009 at 09:01

Quote from TamiXWP on 14. May 2009 at 11:31:
Johney,
  Seems strange for him to have had a heart defect after all the sports he played. Was he in Iraq when he passed away? The only thing I found on his death had Persian gulf Iraq on it. I think it was from Sam Houston national cemetary.

Tami

Tami,
  Greg was at his office in Virginia.  His heart problem was weird because he and I have played some type of sport every time we got together including Basketball, tennis, bikes up until his death.  He was in great shape.  We all miss him and think of him often.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print