Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
09. May 2024 at 21:59
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Karen Little-DeFelice (Read 19649 times)
BioCoach
Airman

Karen Little-DeFelice
13. Aug 2008 at 16:54

I have just been informed by a friend of the death of a student of mine and a classmate of you 1976 grads.  Karen Little lost a two year battle with colon cancer.  Karen was married to another 76 graduate Rocco DeFelice.  

Rocco can be contacted through the "Members" link on this bulletin board.  

Coach Scott

« Last Edit: 26. Mar 2009 at 18:19 by Bear »  
  IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Karen Little-DeFelice
Reply #1 - 26. Mar 2009 at 18:52

Rocco sent me this on Karen:

Karen Little 1976
----------------------------

I want to share some thoughts about the life that Karen and I shared and how she handled the time before leaving us.  Rocco

I met Karen in 1973 when my father was transferred to Randolph AFB.  Our time together at Randolph with many of you was a great time in our lives.  Our relationship continued to grow and strengthen during our college years and we married in 1980 after we graduated.

Like any married couple we experienced our ups (two great kids) and downs (the loss of a child).  My career took us to many places (Texas, Illinois, Ohio, Tennessee, Pennsylvania and New Jersey), and during this time we made a lot of friends and created many wonderful memories.  As a stay at home Mom she raised our two kids to be caring and compassionate individuals and I see her influence on them everyday.  Amanda graduated from college over a year ago and works for a non-profit close to my home in NJ and Rocco graduates this spring and will likely go into Christian ministry.

In December of 2005 Karen was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer which had moved to her liver.  We had just moved to NJ when she was diagnosed so we had the additional burden of being in a new environment while she fought the disease.  While the disease and treatments were extremely draining, Karen was still able to accompany me on business trips as well as visit many of the friends we made across the country.  For almost three years she survived with strength, dignity and a sense of humor that I had come to rely on during our almost 35 years together.  She found great comfort in her family, friends and faith which stayed with her until her passing on August 11, 2008.

Karen had a significant impact on the lives of many people and none more than mine.

Rocco

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen and Rocco

Amanda, Karen, Rocco and Rocco Jr.

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Re: Karen Little-DeFelice
Reply #2 - 27. Mar 2009 at 11:45

Nice story about Karen.  Thank you for sharing.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print