Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
20. May 2024 at 11:27
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Member who went to Randolph HS! (Read 4952 times)
DAVE WELLS
Basic Trainee

New Member who went to Randolph HS!
17. Jun 2008 at 15:39

Guys,
I attended Randolph from 7th grade through 11th grade. I moved between my junior and senior year so I didn't have the opportunity to graduate with the class of 1971 but since I was there for 5 years I feel like a graduate. I have been looking at this site for some time and have seen some names that I recognize. Some of you may remember me. I played varsity basketball for coach Scott and I played JV football a couple of years. I also was in the marching band and one year was the drum major. I enjoy this site and hope to communicate with other RHS people in the future.

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Re: New Member who went to Randolph HS!
Reply #1 - 18. Jun 2008 at 10:10

Welcome Dave!  We welcome anyone that at least drove by Randolph at some point in their life.  Do you still live in the San Antonio area?
John

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
DAVE WELLS
Basic Trainee

Reply #2 - 18. Jun 2008 at 17:04

Johnny,
My Dad was transferred from Randolph between my Junior and senior year to Langley AFB in Hampton, Virginia. I went to college in North Carolina and got a job in Richmond, Virginia after graduating and have lived here since. I have thought for some time about visiting San Antonio since I have not been back since I left in 1970. I'm sure in 38 years there has been a lot of changes.

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - 19. Jun 2008 at 10:45

What a bad year to leave.  There is a '60's reunion this Sept. I believe and they have opened the invitation for other classes.  We will let you know when we have the next multi year reunion planned as well.  The school has changed since you left but the magic is still there.  Hope you get to make it back to SA for a visit.
Again, Welcome!
JB

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #4 - 04. Aug 2008 at 16:15

Hi Dave,

It is good to see your name here.  I look forward to getting to know you again.  Are you still able to run Coach Scott's liners, or like me, would one of them put you in bed for a week?

Nunzio "Pensatore" Previtera
  IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #5 - 16. Mar 2009 at 16:16

Hi Dave,

Nunzio here.  I noticed your profile was still locked and have asked that it be unlocked.  I hope you have not tried to post and was unable too.  Check out the mini reunion post.  It would be great to see you in August if you could get down this way.

Nunzio "Pensatore" Previtera
  IP Logged
Karen Bauer
Basic Trainee

Reply #6 - 24. Mar 2009 at 12:12

Hey Dave -

This is Karen Bauer - we were in the band together while you were at Randolph.   I ended up at the University of Mississippi and in education until I retired in 2001.  I'm still in Mississippi - working for various educational organizations.  

Good to know you are still considering yourself a Rohawk.

Email   IP Logged
DAVE WELLS
Basic Trainee

Reply #7 - 29. Apr 2009 at 19:39

Hi Nunzio and Karen,
It's great to hear from both of you. Nunzio, I would love to get down to San Antonio for that August reunion. It's been several years since I was in Texas. I'll see if that is workable.  
Karen, I do remember you from our band days. I, like you, left the state. I went to college in North Carolina and after graduation moved to Richmond, Virginia and have been here since 1975.  
It's been about 38 years since I was in school at Randolph but it seems like yesterday. I remember so many good times at RHS. Mr. Bridges and the band. Coach Mickler and Coach Lee and the football team as well as Coach Scott and the basketball team. I enjoyed all those extracurricular activities. Not so much the school work.
Again, it's good hearing from both of you.

Dave

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #8 - 30. Apr 2009 at 09:45

You wouldn't believe the band now.  It's probably twice as big as in the 70's and they win awards every year.  The thing that makes this special is that the school is smaller now.  You should plan a school visit when you're down.  The principle is Bruce Cannon and he usually opens the school up for reunions.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Karen Bauer
Basic Trainee

Reply #9 - 13. Aug 2009 at 11:23

David -  

We took a Texas vacation about 15 years ago and stopped by the school.  At that time the school hadn't changed at all!  You should plan a visit to San Antonio.

Do you know where Scott Ward is?  I lost him about 25 years ago.  He stopped at Ole Miss when I was is college  and would love to have an update.

Email   IP Logged
BioCoach
Airman

Reply #10 - 13. Aug 2009 at 13:53

[color=#993300][/color]David, glad to hear from you on the Rohawk web site. It's been a while but the www has made it possible to communicate to former students and teachers.  I am still kicking. I live on a ranch near Llano Tx. No, I am not a cowboy.  I have written two books. The Grandfather Stories is avalible on Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Borders.  Check Nunz's review on some other  part  of this site.  My second book covers my teaching and coaching career and should be out sometime next year.

Coach Scott

IP Logged
Terry Kirkland
Airman

Reply #11 - 02. Aug 2010 at 13:13

Hi Coach, I will be ordering your books.

Email   IP Logged
Tim Nelson
Basic Trainee

Reply #12 - 24. Aug 2010 at 14:46

I just ordered it.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print