Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
20. May 2024 at 08:29
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Throwdown with Bobby Flay (Read 7785 times)
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Throwdown with Bobby Flay
19. Jan 2008 at 19:02

OK - I was watching the Food Network, and the Throwdown with Bobby Flay episode
was abour "Puffy Taco's" in San Antonio. Diana Trevino (the competition) beat Flay.  

Anyone ever eat at her restaurant?

I'm starving for some good Tex-Mex and margarita!   Wink Jim

Email   IP Logged
Ron Smith
Basic Trainee

Re: Throwdown with Bobby Flay
Reply #1 - 19. Jan 2008 at 23:53

Hey Jim,

I know Diana - her and her family have two really good restaurants in town.  She also has a really nice cookbook out.

Ron Smith

Email   IP Logged
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Reply #2 - 20. Jan 2008 at 20:54

I'm envious that you're so close to what appears to be some
great Tex-Mex food. I really enjoyed your jalepino melon dish  Shocked
at our 25th reunion - several years ago.  Good eats!

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - 21. Jan 2008 at 17:56

Quote from Jim Schrank 76 on 19. Jan 2008 at 19:02:
OK - I was watching the Food Network, and the Throwdown with Bobby Flay episode
was abour "Puffy Taco's" in San Antonio. Diana Trevino (the competition) beat Flay.

Anyone ever eat at her restaurant?

I'm starving for some good Tex-Mex and margarita!   Wink Jim

Rodney Poole and I ate at Bobby Flay's restaurant in Las Vegas this past weekend.  Great steak with a very interesting orange hot/sweet sauce.  The restaurant was Mesa Grill in Ceasars Palace.   We saw Rad Druen the next day.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Austin R. Bryan
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04. Feb 2008 at 17:46

My mom & dad live in San Antonio so I'll ask them if they have ever given it a go. You can imagine it is somewhat difficult to get good Mexican food in Sydney! Wink Austin

IP Logged
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Reply #5 - 04. Feb 2008 at 20:40

Austin:  I bet you have great Barbecued Shrimp Grin

Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #6 - 04. Feb 2008 at 21:36

OK guys,

I know i am not one of the most macho guys around.  I love to cook  Grin, I cried at Forest Gump  cry and I wrote my wife a love letter last St. Valentines day  Wink (which she framed).  I am a BBQ fiend and in general have a great time around food.  

However, all this talk about wathcing the cooking channel and following a particular chef has me worried about the true maleness in all of you.  I hope this thread will not expand to include the best places for manicures and pedicures!!!   I guess i am not quite the "metrosexual" yet.  In fact, I hope I never go that direction.

I know I am out of line by addresing this in a non-politically correct manner.    

So . . . .  
Do you find a 36 HP log splitter is easily adaptable to splitting kindling?  Or do you still hold on to your 8 HP model for that purpose?  Do you prefer a propane burner to help start your mesquite fire or do you use rolled up newspaper?  Where do you find the cheapest source for garlic, onions, cumino  and Hatch chiles to cook with.  Has the heat from your BBQ ever cause a problem with your concealed handgun?

just trying to steer this back to a real guy conversation.!!!

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool Roll Eyes
Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Reply #7 - 05. Feb 2008 at 20:38

Mike -

Although I have a single axle BBQ pit, that weighs more than a VW bug,
I gotta tell ya - massages & the occasional pedicure are not over-rated.
We have great sushi in Seattle, but our TexMex is pathetic!  Wink

Email   IP Logged
Austin R. Bryan
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 06. Feb 2008 at 14:33

Can I just say that my favourite outdoor device is my Kyobi Blower/Mulcher. It's strickly for recreational use only! And, yes the occasional manicure & facial might be authorised although should never be reffered to in public! Cool

Austin down under... Smiley

IP Logged
John Allen
Airman

Reply #9 - 11. Feb 2008 at 20:43

I have to say that I am with Bear on this one....flame hot...steaks thick...salt, pepper, garlic powder and some mesquite chips...AND cold, cold beer before, during and after (imported from Shiner Texas)....pedicures..."I got your pedicure right here".... Wink

Email jallen911   IP Logged
Austin R. Bryan
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 12. Feb 2008 at 16:41

My memory is admittedly cloudy, but I seem to recall a time when we (all of us) were purist and only drank long necks. I don't suggest that quality of the content; however, principles are something to hang onto. But there was that time when we fell in the Guadaloupe river chasing Coors...

The steaks are something I can definitely agree with. In fact it's just as much of a tradition here as in Texas. A good steak on the "barbie", good cold beer...the beach - all good. Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print