Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
20. May 2024 at 14:59
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Newbie checking in ! (Read 2875 times)
Bob Lelle
Basic Trainee

Newbie checking in !
02. Sep 2009 at 19:25

Hi everyone!  This is Bob Lelle (77 grad) checking in from the firestorms in the Los Angeles area.

Hmmm how can I prove I was a RoHawk?  

Does anybody remember Rigo Santiago burning off all his polyester clothes (gotta love the 70s) when he put the wrong reagent in the bottle in Perry's class?

Did anybody ever meet Mr. Byrd's paddle?

How about disecting frogs in Coach Scott's Biology class (and watching him scramble the little critter's brains)?

Ah yes, the list is long.

I' glad I found this site, it will be good to catch up with old buddies.

IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Re: Newbie checking in !
Reply #1 - 02. Sep 2009 at 20:31

Welcome!!

Mike B

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #2 - 03. Sep 2009 at 09:04

Welcome to the site and be sure and tell your friends.  We don't really need you to prove you went to Randolph as much as prove you aren't a spammer.  It gets hard to figure it our when people use names like yours gpzoom and not their real name.  We get about 50 spammers a day on our site and they use random names that we don't know.
Come often and stay late!
Again, Welcome
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - 03. Sep 2009 at 14:33

Quote from Johnny Bender on 03. Sep 2009 at 09:04:
Welcome to the site and be sure and tell your friends.  We don't really need you to prove you went to Randolph as much as prove you aren't a spammer.  It gets hard to figure it our when people use names like yours gpzoom and not their real name.  We get about 50 spammers a day on our site and they use random names that we don't know.
Come often and stay late!
Again, Welcome
Johnny B.

While the spammers are an issue, I really enjoy the proof factor.  These almost always become stories we all want to hear just to remember the good times.  It is truly amazing how many folks will admit a few things that happened that we would not have back in school.  Many of these comments kind of fill in some missing blanks.

Nunz,  

the perfect student who would never have pulled a prank on any teacher or student.  Just ask any of the teachers (err, skip Coach Scott) and they will confirm this claim.

Nunzio "Pensatore" Previtera
  IP Logged
stevemccauley

Re: Newbie checking in ! SteveM
Reply #4 - 09. Sep 2009 at 01:38

I am always looking for excuses to visit San Antonio, and have missed the detour back to Randph far too often.  On the day Randolph School first opened for business, I was among the"youngest graders" (I think that was 6th grade and 1963.)  I recall some memorables:  tall math teacher had ordered a new 65 Mustang.  He swore by his "Groom 'N Clean" hair wax for his pompadour.  I joined the band hall class with cornet just so first girlfriend (clarinet) Sandy S* and I could share private time together in secluede practice rooms.  My best pal was Steve Bland and he tried to teach me golf.  He failed at teaching me that, but I hear he did OK in varsity sport later on.  Also in my group was a Billy* and a Chuck*.  We used to dive quarry lakes behind U City only road, and crawl too deeply into the caves back there, getting stuck was part of the thrill.  I would like to find Steve Bland again.  When I come to SA for the national "ZCar" convention on 28 Sep 09, I will swing through to visit classmate Steve Lorenz.  I hear he turned out OK, too.  

IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #5 - 09. Sep 2009 at 08:32

Welcome to the board Steve!

Diving in the quarry in UC is one of those memories that pretty much only the 60's and early 70's Rohawks share.  By 1970, we called them the "pits".  Many a day were shared by the Vespa crowd driving all through them.  I never had one myself, but remember Dutch Krebsbach, Mike Miller, et al doing everything they could to throw me off the back of theirs as we raced through.  Back then, no one had a dirt bike.

Nunzio "Pensatore" Previtera
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print