Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
20. May 2024 at 08:13
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Call for Volunteers!! (Read 2675 times)
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Call for Volunteers!!
24. Aug 2009 at 18:19

Nunzio Previtera, Johnny Bender and  I (Mike Berish) have committed to put on an All Year Reunion in 2010.  We will need help in every way imaginable.  At our Grand Reunion in 2001 we had around 350 RoHawks and 650 total people attend.  Considering the huge success of that reunion and the increased connectivity provided by the social networking sites, I wouldn't be suprised if we doubled that number.  

Did I say - "WE NEED HELP!!"

Immediately we need class whips, preferably one (or several) per graduating year to rally the various classes.  I also need help with managing a web site/online registration/database.  I am keenly interested doing web pages but have limited skills when it comes to the interactive aspect.   Hopefully someone can help me out there.

We really need to get an approximate count of attendance.  I would like to have an interactive website where people can respond with their likelihood of attending.  I would like that up and running by 01SEP09.

The last Grand Reunion followed the format below and was scheudled for the July 4th weekend to take advantage of the Holiday weekend in helping people schedule time off.

Friday PM-
Informal Social get-together at an upscale club

Saturday AM -
Open House at RHS
Flag Football on Mickler Field
Volleyball in RHS gym (this event did not occur due to gym floor refinishing)

Saturday Noon-
Picnic at Eberle Park

Saturday PM -
Dinner/Dance (DJ) at upscale hotel (Westin)

Sunday AM -
Golf at RAFB  
Brunch at RAFB Officers club

This format seemed to work for most people but we are open to suggestions.  I think "breakout" events for indivdual classes might be a cool thing (Did I say we need help?)

Pricing was a-la-carte, most folks liked that.

With all that said, there is nothing written in stone or even planned at all.  Just want to get you thinking so you can send your suggestions.

Thanks,
Mike Berish '76
"Bear"

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
dmcalister
Basic Trainee

Re: Call for Volunteers!!
Reply #1 - 25. Aug 2009 at 22:31

Mike,

I am Debra McAlister, Nunzio's sister (Class of 69).  I posted as a new member today.

I am interested in helping with the reunion as a class whip for the Class of 69.  Hopefully we can round up a couple more volunteers from '69.

When do we get started?

Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #2 - 27. Aug 2009 at 08:55

Quote from dmcalister on 25. Aug 2009 at 22:31:
Mike,

I am Debra McAlister, Nunzio's sister (Class of 69).  I posted as a new member today.

I am interested in helping with the reunion as a class whip for the Class of 69.  Hopefully we can round up a couple more volunteers from '69.

When do we get started?

Cool Debra.  You didn't have to volunteer just cause I offered to court you (see post in other boards on this site).

Ha -Ha ( that is the same as LOL for those of you who are too young to know what Ha-Ha is).

Since Debra is asking and just so everyone knows what the class whip is supposed to do here it is:

• Contact all the Ro-Hawks you can and let them know about the upcoming reunion.
  • Urge them to sign up on the Ro-Hawk Bulletin Board to keep informed on progress on the reunion and to take the poll there so we can get a rough count of attendees.
  • Direct them to the Ro-Hawk reunion website (it should be up by 01OCT09) for info and registration.
  • Direct all e-mail addresses to Mike Berish to be put on the distribution list.
  • Maintain snail mail contact (or any other type of contact you can) with any Ro-Hawks you find who are not online.

GO DEBRA, you have the class of '69.  Get any extra help you want to enlist.  I'll forward e-mail addresses to you for the class of '69 as soon as you let me know you will take the job.

Thanks for the help!!
Mike

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - 11. Oct 2009 at 22:02

Welcome to Tom Brandom. class of 1970.  He has  volunteered to be the class whip.

Nunzio "Pensatore" Previtera
  IP Logged
MarquetaBentley
Basic Trainee

Reply #4 - 23. Oct 2009 at 19:50

Mike,

If there is anything I can do from Oklahoma I would be willing to handle it.  I would have been class of 76, but did not stay at Randolph until I graduated. Although it was my favorite high school.  I hated the one I graduated from it was a huge school.  My graduating class was almost 500 students and I hardly knew anybody.  I wish I could have stayed at Randolph.

Marqueta

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #5 - 24. Oct 2009 at 07:52

Marqueta,
  We would love your help.  We have many people that are active here that didn't graduate from Randolph, but have an attachment.  We know there was something special about RHS.  The class of 1976 seems to have the most active people so I'm sure you will see lots of old friends.  
Again, welcome!
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print