Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
20. May 2024 at 09:43
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Mini Reunion (Read 15655 times)
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Mini Reunion
13. Mar 2009 at 10:30

I am contemplating hosting a mini reunion at our home this summer on the weekend of August 7th and 8th.  We are able to comfortably entertain up to 100 folks (85 attended our last Super Bowl party). If more Ro-hawks than that express an interest, we will arrange alternate plans. Please reply if you are interested in attending.  The only cost to attend will be whatever it costs to get you here and any hotel accomadations you might need.  We are not planning anything major in the way of entertainment as we hope that it will be a time that we can all get together and renew old friendships and forge new ones. Food and drink will be provided. We live in Fair Oaks Ranch, just outside of San Antonio along IH10 West.  There are several hotels within 10 miles of our home for any out of towners.  They range in price from $59 to $300 a night, so there are rooms available for anyone's appetite.

Nunzio "Pensatore" Previtera
  IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Re: Mini Reunion
Reply #1 - 15. Mar 2009 at 21:37

Hey Nunzio,

You can count me in!!  Hey JB - you in??

One thing though.  With the economy the way it is, I beleive we need somthing a bit mroe than a free reunion.  Nunzio, I think you need to chip in the IRS stipulated $0.55/mile for all the attendees as a stimulus for the reunion.  Then the appropriate fees for a public gathering should be rendered unto Ceasar.  Also, every attendee will need to include the fair value of the meal, comraderie and entertainment on their income tax return.  

Hmmmmm?  OK, its not that bad . . .     . . . yet.

Let me know what I can do to help!

Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #2 - 16. Mar 2009 at 08:44

Hey, Hey, Hey,  How did I know you would be the first to reply.  I put out an email to the 50 or so emails I had from 2001.  About half are no longer valid, but that's not to bad over 8 years.  I directed them to look at this site, so hopefully we should see a small spike in views.  We are looking forward to August!  See you there if not before.

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - 18. Mar 2009 at 09:25

As another one of the young guys here Wink I think I can stop by the reunion.  Looking forward to it.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #4 - 18. Mar 2009 at 09:40

Quote from Johnny Bender on 18. Mar 2009 at 09:25:
As another one of the young guys here Wink I think I can stop by the reunion.  Looking forward to it.

Excellent, if there are other local 76's, feel free to invite them.

IP Logged
Rick Neville
Basic Trainee

Reply #5 - 19. May 2009 at 14:44

Nunzio,

How are you? We also live in Fair Oaks, so put me on your list.

Rick Neville

Email WWW   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #6 - 19. May 2009 at 16:17

Quote from Rick Neville on 19. May 2009 at 14:44:
Nunzio,

How are you? We also live in Fair Oaks, so put me on your list.

Rick Neville

What a small world we live in!  We are in The Falls, right on #1 tee box on Blackjack.  Let's get together soon!  210-383-4448 cell phone.

IP Logged
Rick Neville
Basic Trainee

Reply #7 - 20. May 2009 at 09:37

We're around the corner in Raintree Woods.

Email WWW   IP Logged
Teri Prichard
Basic Trainee

Reply #8 - 31. Jul 2009 at 11:57

Hi, long time no see!!! I am back in Universal City area and Mary Harriman is coming in town on that weekend and we would love to stop by and see some old friends....Okay I meant the old in the best possible way!!!! Let us know more details....and Johnny B it was great talking to you!

Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #9 - 31. Jul 2009 at 14:44

Hi Everyone,

We have only had about 4 responses to the posting, so I do not know if there will be much of a turn out.

I have decided to forge ahead with a Saturday afternoon-evening open house.  Everyone is welcome. The only person I can promise you will be there is me.  Jon Thompson and Mike Miller are maybes.  I am hoping Rick Neville, Mike, Johnny, Teri and Mary will all come by.

I hope to see you.

Nunzio

IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #10 - 31. Jul 2009 at 14:50

The address is 14 Falls Terrace, Fair Oaks Ranch, TX  78015.

Take IH10 west out of San Antonio to Fair Oaks Ranch Parkway.  It should be the 6th exit past Loop 1604 going towards Boerne.  Turn right onto Fair Oaks Ranch Parkway.  You will go about 1.7 miles to a stop sign at Deitz Elkhorn.  Go straight through, staying on the Parkway.  Falls Terrace will come up on the left side about 1/2 mile further.  Turn left through the gates of "The Falls" subdivision.  We will be the first house on the right hand side.

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #11 - 03. Aug 2009 at 19:07

Quote from Nunzio on 31. Jul 2009 at 14:50:

Take IH10 west out of San Antonio to Fair Oaks Ranch Parkway.  It should be the 6th exit past Loop 1604 going towards Boerne.  Turn right onto Fair Oaks Ranch Parkway.  You will go about 1.7 miles to a stop sign at Deitz Elkhorn.  Go straight through, staying on the Parkway.  Falls Terrace will come up on the left side about 1/2 mile further.  Turn left through the gates of "The Falls" subdivision.  We will be the first house on the right hand side.

I'm stopping by Sat.  What time will the party start?

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #12 - 04. Aug 2009 at 09:23

Nunzio.  I don't know what kind of turnout you expect.  Do you still want to have this get together or reschedule?  I don't want you to put our too much effort if we haven't rounded up a few people.  Let me know.
Thank you,
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Reply #13 - 04. Aug 2009 at 12:53

Quote from Johnny Bender on 03. Aug 2009 at 19:07:
Quote from Nunzio on 31. Jul 2009 at 14:50:

I'm stopping by Sat.  What time will the party start?

Anytime after Noon.  Looking forward to seeing you!

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #14 - 07. Aug 2009 at 09:32

Dropping the kids off (not at the pool Cool) at 2PM and will head that way.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print