Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
20. May 2024 at 10:30
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
My Hawaii trip (Read 1257 times)
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

My Hawaii trip
10. Jun 2008 at 10:20

I just got back from Hawaii on Sat. and had a wonderful time.  I will work on posting pictures.  I was on the Big Island in Kona and had a blast.  This is still like a small village and I walked or biked everywhere.  I did a night dive with the Manta Rays and that was one of the best experiences I've had diving.  These things are huge with a width of up to 12' and mouth that could swallow your head and shoulders with no problem.  The thought of being in the Ocean at night, and I'm not the highest thing of the food chain, was a little intimidating.  The other thrill for me was diving with Bob Meistrel, the founder of Body Glove 1953.  He is in the Diving Hall of Fame and Surfing Hall of Fame and just an incredible guy.  Did I mention he is 80 years old.  That's like the class of 71 or 72 Grin.  If any of you make it over to Kona take the night dive with the Manta Rays, or snorkel, that is available also.  Glad to be back and lets hear about some other vacations from you peeps.
Take care,
John

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Nunzio
Global Moderator

Re: My Hawaii trip
Reply #1 - 04. Aug 2008 at 17:04

"That's like the class of 71"  I caught that!  Thems fighting words, my man.  Oh, wait a minute, let me think, 89 year old brains go slow, yep, it's coming to me, ....lost it a second, oh yeah, that was settled on the football field in 2001.  Nuff said.

On a more serious thought, swimming with Manta Rays is really cool.  One of the most serene sights I ever experienced was watching a huge Manta glide up over a cliff 50 feet under water on the sea side coast of Roatan a few years ago.  It traveled along the level we were at for about 25 feet before sliding back over and down.  I went over the to  cliff's edge and could not see the bottom, so I lost sight of the Manta.

Nunzio "Pensatore" Previtera
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print