Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
20. May 2024 at 12:35
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SA Spurs (Read 3343 times)
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

SA Spurs
19. May 2008 at 22:12

Just finished watching 'Game 7' of Spurs vs. New Orleans series.
Great series.
Now we'll see if SA can handle LA.

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Re: SA Spurs
Reply #1 - 20. May 2008 at 08:36

Quote from Jim Schrank 76 on 19. May 2008 at 22:12:
Just finished watching 'Game 7' of Spurs vs. New Orleans series.
Great series.
Now we'll see if SA can handle LA.

Great game.  We grilled fajitas and had Chuck Spain, along with his wife and daughter over to watch the game.  The Spurs split with LA in regular season, so the old guys may still have a chance.  I would think the winner of this series will win it all, but you never know.
GO SPURS GO!
John

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #2 - 20. May 2008 at 20:56

I had to get up at 5:00 AM today so needed to go to bed at a reasonable time last night.  However, just could not get away from the Spurs game.  I actually stood up in the middle of the 3rd quarter, kissed my wife goodnight and stood there for 25 minutes watching the game before I finally sat back down and admitted I would not get to bed on time.

I was really chapped today watching media coverage of the Spurs.  The main topic was "why everyone hates the Spurs".  One commentator got it close to right whwen he said that "It's not that everyone hates the Spurs, they just don't make the headlines".  One commentator said the worst thing to happen to the NBA would be the combination of SA Spurs and Detroit in the champioinship game!!!!

Come on guys!!!  The reason I like the Spurs is they are NOT in the headlines for various anti-social and criminal activities.  We have had our share of rough folks, but we haven't made unruley behavior the defining fator of the Spurs.

San Antonio has always been a great supporter of our professional basketball from the very start.  For the 3 decades the Spurs were an "also ran", the fans supported them unequivicably.  We have the best fans (we've never burned the downtown area because we WON the natinoal championship or for any other reason) and players with the most character.  We loved them so much we even raised the roof on the arena to accomodate their popularity.   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin

Dang Ahmad!!  Didn't mean to dis your boys!!  Looks like we are fixin' to get it on!!!  Angry Angry

Go Spurs go!
Mike

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - 22. May 2008 at 09:35

Spurs shouldn't of lost last night  cry. You don't give up a 20 point lead and let they back in.  Manu was out of it last night.   Let's hope they do better Friday.  I think Rodney is a Laker fan but he does still root for the Spurs as well.

GO SPURS GO!
John

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Reply #4 - 22. May 2008 at 22:47

OUCH!

I can't believe that the Spurs lost after having a 20 point lead... Angry

Coach P. should make them do 'Johnson Gassers'.  Wink

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #5 - 23. May 2008 at 09:02

Quote from Jim Schrank 76 on 22. May 2008 at 22:47:
OUCH!

I can't believe that the Spurs lost after having a 20 point lead... Angry

Coach P. should make them do 'Johnson Gassers'.  Wink
 How many people remember Johnson gassers?  A regular gasser would kill me now.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Austin R. Bryan
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 27. May 2008 at 23:01

I get the play offs but have to watch it at early am hours. I am not convinced the Spurs have the stomach or the heart...maybe I'm wrong? Wink

Austin

IP Logged
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Reply #7 - 27. May 2008 at 23:10

Austin - I think they have both the stomach & the heart...

Unfortunately - they also have old (mid 30's) legs.

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #8 - 28. May 2008 at 07:46

They looked tired again last night.  I don't know how they kept the score as close as they did.  Thank god for Brent Barry 3's and free throws.  Ginobili is extreme hot or cold lately.  Last night was cold. cry

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print