Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
20. May 2024 at 09:43
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Meeting in Las Vegas - Mid January (Read 10097 times)
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Meeting in Las Vegas - Mid January
07. Jan 2008 at 11:33

Quote from John Allen on 06. Jan 2008 at 15:19:
Quote from Johnny B on 31. Dec 2007 at 10:46:
Hey Russ, nice to see you online.  If you make it down this way let me know.  For the rest of you, I will be in NY (the city), Budd Lake,NJ, Orlando FL., and Las Vegas in Jan.  Anybody around those areas?

Happy New Year!
Johnny B.

Johnny,

Lou and I will be in Vegas Jan 13 -17. When will you be there? Call me and let me know.

John,
  16th-18th.  Not sure if I'll come in the 16th but maybe I will now.  I'll give you a call.  Poole may meet me in Vegas, anybody else?

« Last Edit: 08. Jan 2008 at 08:08 by Bear »  

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Re: Meeting in Las Vegas - Mid January
Reply #1 - 08. Jan 2008 at 08:49

Rodney Poole and I are meeting in Vegas next week.  We may even have Chuck Spain if he can clear it with the big boss.  John Allen and his lovely wife Lou will also meet us on the 16th. for drinks and possible dinner.  Would love to make this a party if anyone else is in the area or would like to be in the area.

I am leaving for Orlando Florida tomorrow (wed. Jan. 9th.) if anyone wants to have a beer and watch some football this weekend.

Happy New Year!
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Austin R. Bryan
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09. Jan 2008 at 22:59

Ok so now I'm feeling seriously left out. It's unlikely I can get to Vegas this weekend, but would love to catch up you guys. If you want to change the venue to Sydney, we're having great summer weather and I can probably organise a sailing thing on the harbour....Have fun without me! undecided

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - 14. Jan 2008 at 10:21

Quote from Austin R. Bryan on 09. Jan 2008 at 22:59:
Ok so now I'm feeling seriously left out. It's unlikely I can get to Vegas this weekend, but would love to catch up you guys. If you want to change the venue to Sydney, we're having great summer weather and I can probably organise a sailing thing on the harbour....Have fun without me! undecided

Austin,
  Maybe some day I can take you up on that offer.  For now, we will have a beverage for you.
Take care,
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Dicky Weikel

Reply #4 - 17. Jan 2008 at 20:12

Hey Johnny, this is Dicky.  I lived in Bud Lake, NJ for a year with my brother Dave and his ex-wife.  Did my first windsurfing on the frozen lake (ice-skates and a hand-held 12 foot sail).  Coolest thing around.  Take it easy and be sure to see all the sites.

Dicky

Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #5 - 18. Jan 2008 at 09:22

So I hear what happens in Vegas ends up on the RoHawk Bulletin Board.  

Shocked Shocked Shocked  So how was the get together?

Mike

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Reply #6 - 18. Jan 2008 at 10:15

Johnny B.

I haven't heard a word from Rod "Ahmad" Poole in several years.  

Who (if anyone) did you get together with in Vegas?

John Allen? Ahmad? Chuck? Elvis???

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #7 - 21. Jan 2008 at 18:02

What happen's in Vegas..... Had a good time with Rodney and had a buddy from Texas meet us a couple nights.  We looked up Rad Druen at Ceasars while were there.  John Allen went to a show so we talked but didn't get together.  We may meet there again and we will give everyone a heads up.  I'm kinda done with Vegas, all they do is see how quick they can get all your money now, but at least food is expensive and drinks have gotten smaller.  I had 4 scotches for $50 ea. if you count my losses on the first night.   Still plenty to do and lots to see.
Heading to New York this wednesday, then on to NJ.
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Austin R. Bryan
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 29. Jan 2008 at 22:56

Glad I missed the scotches...but I probably wouldn't remember anyway after 4....It's good to know you tracked down Rad Druen. I've been keen to find out how he's doing. I sent him apost....Also, if I remember correctly, don't I get credit for naming Rodney (AKA Ahmad - Rishad) Poole...nobody gets any recognition anymore - where's the respect for old world values! Wink

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #9 - 02. Feb 2009 at 13:27

I just got back from year 2 in Vegas with Mr. Poole and Chuck Spain.  O.K. I'm still over Vegas.  We had a great time, but I long for the old Vegas.  Wow, I said long for, does that make me old?  We did have fun but they keep finding ways to take my money. Sad  Maybe next Jan. we can get some more of you peeps.
Johnny B.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Trina Bryant
Airman

Reply #10 - 14. Jul 2009 at 19:00

Just so you know I miss the ole Vegas too.  Lived here since 1980, then population less 300,00 now, we are closing in on  3 million.  I hate it.  Too much traffic, crime, and graffitti.  Send those Californians back home.   Next time anyone is here, leave me a post.  Would love to see you.

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #11 - 16. Jul 2009 at 10:23

We'll post for you Trina.  I'm not sure when the next trip is, but I'm sure we'll be there.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Trina Bryant
Airman

Reply #12 - 31. Jul 2009 at 19:09

I think I remember you saying that you hooked up with Rad Druen when you were here.  Did he tell you that we worked for the same company for over a year and did not know it? He was a limo driver and I was a dispatcher/cashier who counted driver's deposits.  What a strange revelation when that was.  His name was familiar but it took me awhile figure where I knew the name from.  I left the company in 1987.  We graduated together in 1975.  Small world.

Email   IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Reply #13 - 03. Aug 2009 at 09:37

Quote from Trina Bryant on 31. Jul 2009 at 19:09:
I think I remember you saying that you hooked up with Rad Druen when you were here.  Did he tell you that we worked for the same company for over a year and did not know it? He was a limo driver and I was a dispatcher/cashier who counted driver's deposits.  What a strange revelation when that was.  His name was familiar but it took me awhile figure where I knew the name from.  I left the company in 1987.  We graduated together in 1975.  Small world.

This is a small world.  Great story.

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Chayse Adams
Basic Trainee

Reply #14 - 25. Aug 2009 at 02:19

Quote from Johnny Bender on 03. Aug 2009 at 09:37:
Quote from Trina Bryant on 31. Jul 2009 at 19:09:

This is a small world.  Great story.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print