Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
20. May 2024 at 12:35
News: Welcome to Randolph RoHawk Alumni Bulletin Board. We have had over 25,000 spammers register on this board recently. SO! I have disabled the automatic registration. To Register you will have to contact Mike Berish who is the administrator of this Bulletin Board. Not posting my e-mail here as I don't want the spammers to hit my e-mail so hard. you can get my e-mail from Facebook or one of your fellow Ro-Hawks. Or go to rohawk.net and you can find it there.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oldest Rohawk (Read 3778 times)
BioCoach
Airman

Oldest Rohawk
29. Nov 2007 at 19:50

At the last Rohawk Reunion I attended I showed the Nunz and Mike Miller how to really play golf.  My freshman football team went undefeated when Dennis was one of the players and a lot of you 70's guys.  Coach M used to yell at us "Get those expletive deleted freshman off the field" when the varsity wanted to practice kickoffs and returns.  DiQuinzo's senior class put beer in the ice machine for their senior picnic on campus.  I could go on and on and probably will later but this should identify me as a Rohawk forever.
Coach Scott

IP Logged
Johnny Bender
Global Moderator

Re: Oldest Rohawk
Reply #1 - 29. Nov 2007 at 23:08

Welcome to the website Coach Scott.  Hope you are feeling better.
John

John Bender
Email   IP Logged
Bear
YaBB Administrator

Welcome to the
RoHawk Bulletin
Board

Reply #2 - 30. Nov 2007 at 07:36

Welcome Coach Scott!!   Grin

We are big time now!    Wink

I'm just glad you didn't tell any stories on me!! . . . . .yet.  embarrassed

Bear

Mike Berish - RoHawk '76

WWW Bear   IP Logged
Jim Schrank 76
Global Moderator

Reply #3 - 30. Nov 2007 at 08:55

Coach Scott...

Not sure how long you taught drivers ed... but
do you have a favorite story?

Hope your feeling strong/ well enough pick up a golf club!   Jim

Email   IP Logged
BioCoach
Airman

Reply #4 - 05. Dec 2007 at 22:16

Hey, Jim!  No golf right now will begin again in the Spring.
Driver Ed Stories? Yes, here is a short one.

On our way the second driver is in the back seat.  Both are boys.  Back seat student is supposed to be observing and listening to my instructions and screams.  I look back and he is looking at a magazine. "Put that mag away I order".  "But Coach you will want to see this center fold. She is georgous!"  Hey skin mags are not allowed in Driver ED. "Give me that magazine" I said.  "But Coach look at this" he replied. He opened up the center fold and turned it so I could see it.  It was a semi truck tractor covering both pages! Yes , years later I heard he became a truck driver.

Next edition of Driver Ed with Coach titled Prayer and The Sign of the Cross.

« Last Edit: 06. Dec 2007 at 08:34 by Bear »  
  IP Logged
John Allen
Airman

Reply #5 - 20. May 2008 at 07:41

Quote from BioCoach on 05. Dec 2007 at 22:16:
Hey, Jim!  No golf right now will begin again in the Spring.
Driver Ed Stories? Yes, here is a short one.

On our way the second driver is in the back seat.  Both are boys.  Back seat student is supposed to be observing and listening to my instructions and screams.  I look back and he is looking at a magazine. "Put that mag away I order".  "But Coach you will want to see this center fold. She is georgous!"  Hey skin mags are not allowed in Driver ED. "Give me that magazine" I said.  "But Coach look at this" he replied. He opened up the center fold and turned it so I could see it.  It was a semi truck tractor covering both pages! Yes , years later I heard he became a truck driver.

Next edition of Driver Ed with Coach titled Prayer and The Sign of the Cross.

I remember driving around perimeter road in Drivers Ed with BioCoach sitting next to me. As we were approaching a corner, he was calmly saying "This is a sharp turn...this is a sharp turn...THIS IS A SHARP TURN..." as I dang near four wheel drifted across the road...I guess it was a sharp turn. Might have been the only time I saw Coach S look less than relaxed.

Email jallen911   IP Logged
Angelo Falto
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 15. Oct 2008 at 22:08

Hello Coach Scott-

I recall coach Scott as my drivers ed instructor as well as my bio teacher.  A few good laughs came out of that bio class and one that comes to mind:  the sewn-up dissected frog which later leaped and...

Glad all is well.

Angel Falto
Class of '77
Dallas TX

IP Logged
schultzbetty

Reply #7 - 10. Mar 2010 at 12:41

I remember being in Biology with Coach Scott and Anita Courtney being my partner for dissecting a frog.  She wanted nothing to do with it and neither did I, but I didn't want a bad grade either.  I dissected it, annotated the parts of the frog, while she held her hands over her eyes the entire time.  It wasn't funny at the time, but later we laughed.

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print